Fav. Antivirus
Webroot
Fav. Videogame
none

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
from this two i would use Webroot. Its maybe the lightes out there with almost no system impact (prozessor,hdd/sdd and ram.) it is one of the rare one that use a advanced rollback funktion and any unknown prozess is being monitored. If later webroot find out its a malware,it rolls all actions from the prozess back. it was the first one that use something like this in just a advanced way.

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
There is no real "best" AV/AM software - it all boils down to personal preference. If you don't have common sense while surfing then nothing will be able to save you from infections.

That said, I prefer Emsisoft Internet Security. Fairly lightweight, effective (dual engine with inhouse tech and BD engine), excellent zero day protection, nice GUI, no unnecessary "bells and whistles", unmatched customer support.

H

hjlbx

Of the two that you include in your pole - Webroot and Panda - I would choose Webroot because of some of its advanced features.

However, those advanced features, e.g. "rollback," may function too late to protect your data. In other words, the malware may have transmitted data before rollback reverted your system to a pre-malware state.

Webroot is not going to protect the "click-happy."

For best security, create a default-deny protection scheme.

Currently, Kaspersky has the most user-friendly incarnation of default-deny. Next would be Comodo Internet Security.

Although one can achieve the same using softs designed specifically to create default-deny: NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro, AppGuard, VooDooShield, Faronics Anti-Executable... are the ones that come to mind.

Default-deny provides maximum protection in "lock-down" mode. Some users find this unacceptable since some apps won't work properly, or automatic updates will not work (no big deal really - very easy workaround), difficult to configure, etc.

Like I said, Kaspersky avoids virtually all of these issues.

NOTE: Beyond critical softs vulnerabilities, I consider malicious scripts to be the next most serious security problem. The only effective means that I have found to stop these sneaky little buggers - the ones not detected by signature - is default-deny.

Considering that malicious script detection via signatures is an exercise in utter futility - one can readily see the real advantages of default-deny.

Default-deny is not ideal for someone who likes to always install new softs; it works really well for someone who configures their system and makes few, if any, changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Protection wise i would go for kaspersky/bitdefender/ESET/Avira.
If you're talking about the AV being user friendly I think Avast is one of the most user friendly that I know of, and on top of that it also has decent protection as long as you don't go crazy on the clicking.
Between webroot or panda I cannot give an opinion because I've only used Panda, and in my usage I didn't get any issues but relying heavily on cloud is not something I trust due to inconsistency issues. I've heard about webroot being light on the system but their detection is only average. The roll back feature is cool if the malware hasn't already stolen all your information, encrypted all your files and locked you out of your system. There is only so much the roll back can do and I wouldn't rely too much on it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Which IS (internet suite) is the best?

Well these depends on their known unique characteristics and so far it follows:

Kaspersky, a very good suite and one of the top performer from the test conducted and reviews since it blends well on optimizing the protection and removal capabilities alongside of Application Privilege which can blocked programs prior on user configuration/heuristic analyze.

ESET: Fast/rapid on delivering the database from latest threat as possible alongside if anyone wanted to activate HIPS for adjusting the ruleset configuration.

Likely for install and forget then Norton Internet Security, well since its component mainly focuses through cloud then its pretty strong on analyzing the files well.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Welcome to MT!
Which one is the best internet security for 2015
XG9oZKh.png

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
NJH905, welcome! Thank you for becoming a member, and thank you for starting out with a poll garnering so many responses.:):) The (2) choices from the poll I've not tried (yet), though I have heard many positive comments about Webroot, and also read about it here on MT.:) As it is one of the few AVs that's been said to be able to be used together with another realtime protection, I've fascinated over this and would someday like to try it.

Panda conjures such a cute image; and yes, I am as vulnerable to 'cute' images as the next member.:rolleyes: For this reason I'll keep reading, and look out upon the Free Giveaway horizon for both your considerations.

Of the two, I'd probably choose Webroot.

My opinion: Rather than a suite (AV + Firewall) choose an AV to use with Windows Firewall instead. This will be better discussed when you post a configuration thread here: http://malwaretips.com/forums/security-configuration-wizard.12/

Another option would be to test drive the afore mentioned recommendations of your choice, offered up amongst members' responses. There is no clear guarantee what works smoothly for someone, even with the same operating system as yours, will perform equally well on yours, but it is a good place to start.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.