Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi I was facing this problem several hours ago. When I installed bitdefender IS its connecting but it was not redirecting to any thing. and when I uninstall and saw, its now working fine, so that's the reason I was able to post. I tried switching the adapters and every thing but not success. So now I have uninstalled BIS. Can any one know what would be the problem?

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
When I used BIS it always messed up with my internet, I never researched the cause however.
It either slowed my internet speed to a dial up speed or just stopped the connection. I contacted support but they were complete idiots and I haven't used a BD product since.

Note: This was about 1-2 years ago

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Probably Firewall settings,here is what I found if you would like to give it a try.

You may notice that a program or a web browser can no longer connect to the Internet or access network services after installing Bitdefender.

In this case, the best solution is to configure Bitdefender to automatically allow connections to and from the respective software application:

To add or edit an application rule, proceed as follows:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.
  2. Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.
  3. Click Firewall on the left-side menu and then the Advanced tab.
  4. Under Firewall Rules, click Application Rules.
  5. To see the rule created for an application, click the + box next to the respective application or simply double-click it.
  6. To modify the rule for the blocked application, double-click it again. Go to Permission and select Allow.
  7. If you want to add an application rule, click the corresponding button.
  8. Click Browse and select the application the rule applies to.
  9. Select all the network types available.
  10. Go to Permission and select Allow.
Close Bitdefender, open the software application and try again to connect to the Internet.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
bitdefender causes internet problem. thats why i don't use it despite having the key.

TCP connection gets stuck in CLOSE-WAIT, ESTABLISHED, FIN-WAIT state.

This problem has existed for many years in bitdefender product.

You can see urself by using "process hacker" in network tab. Bitdefender users will find many connections stuck in above mentioned states.

I reported it to bitdefnder forum. but no respose.

Reactions: Gnosis

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
bitdefender causes internet problem. thats why i don't use it despite having the key.

TCP connection gets stuck in CLOSE-WAIT, ESTABLISHED, FIN-WAIT state.

This problem has existed for many years in bitdefender product.

You can see urself by using "process hacker" in network tab. Bitdefender users will find many connections stuck in above mentioned states.

I reported it to bitdefnder forum. but no respose.
so which antivirus product u r using nw?

alWduk

Verified
Jan 9, 2014
I am using BD Total Security and having many different problems. I have lost internet access temporarily and intermittently on both firefox and ie11 but regained by turning off the proxy switch. My BD has found and cleaned several types of virus mostly not serious.

Looking for solution to the major problem. What do I have, how to find out and how to fix.

satria

Level 3
Verified
May 5, 2013
I have used Bitdefender but it made my computer slower. I decided to resign from it. I have never had problems with access to internet.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I use Emsisoft Internet Security Pack on my Windows 7 but that is for me and I don't really have any performance issues with that.

I use ESET Smart Security 7 on Windows 8.1,runs great,light,no bugs or conflicts.I have been using ESS since Windows 8 release

purshupro if you would like to try something else,send me a PM.I can hook you up with a 90 day ESS 7 license and you can take that for a spin.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
well i'
I use Emsisoft Internet Security Pack on my Windows 7 but that is for me and I don't really have any performance issues with that.

I use ESET Smart Security 7 on Windows 8.1,runs great,light,no bugs or conflicts.I have been using ESS since Windows 8 release

purshupro if you would like to try something else,send me a PM.I can hook you up with a 90 day ESS 7 license and you can take that for a spin.
m planning to shift back to windows defender, so is it really enough for my pc protection?, I play games and do online banking also.

alWduk

Verified
Jan 9, 2014
I am trying to download adwcleoner but taking a very log time. Is BD blocking this download? What can I do to minimize possible interference while following the Malware Removal Assistance page?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

Is ESet SS 7 better then bitdefender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.