No video after Cryptowall 3.0 infection

S Hanger

Thread author
Sep 22, 2015
When I started working on this PC, it turned on once and got to the login screen, then it just turned off on its own. Not knowing what the issue was, I replaced the power supply, but same symptoms.
I tried a different, known functioning hard drive on the PC, but same result. Removed video card, used onboard VGA, tried new video card, but I still have no video with DVI, or VGA!
I feel like I am missing something stupid.
I removed the hard drive to externally attempt to clean and the first thing I saw was the Help_Decrypt files.
I have worked with this virus before, so I am familiar, but I have never had it disrupt the video.

So am I dealing with a Cryptowall issue or a PC issue?

Reactions: Ink

S Hanger

Thread author
Sep 22, 2015
* I know the video works, because if I power the PC on with NO hard drive plugged in, I get the message "Hard Disk Drive Failure, Press the F1 key, etc"

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
We have a rule here:

• This forum is run by volunteers that spend their time free of charge trying to help people. We're not here to help someone earn money. If you're earning for life via infected PC or making a profit by fixing someone's PC, then you should hire someone to fix your issue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.