Non-configured computer yet.

Niicz

Thread author
Apr 11, 2015
Used Eset Smart Security for a long time but I think it eats up my resources in their newest updates and it is bragging me.
Using Kaspersky and it seems to be working better.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well since you use Kaspersky AV or IS, its an optional to tweak the Application Control Privilege on how programs be limited to access or block base on rule configuration.

For scanner you may add another one like Hitman Pro or others to be mentioned.

Backup, better to have lots of process where through cloud and external HDD alongside of system image made from built in feature of Windows or third party program.

Y

yigido

Good config but
  • Add more on-demand scanners example: Zemana,EKK,Eset online scanner,Hitman
  • Install HTTPS everywhere,Web of Trust to your browser
  • Backup your important data to cloud
  • Install CCleaner to cleaning system
  • Install any backup software
Thanks for sharing config.
Sayonara ;)
I agreed all but this one
Backup your important data to cloud
;) Do not upload your personal files to clouds.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Niicz. Your configuration is a very clean example of a solid foundation, and it's a pleasure to read the good suggestions already mentioned by our fellow members/friends!:)

An effective prevention for future infections would be to open Chrome within a sandbox. Originally developed to address vulnerabilities in IE, Sandbox(ie) provides a free version app. that works with all browsers.
*Note, all changes & settings made while in a Sandbox reset conditions to their previous state upon deleting the sandbox, hence browser updates or added extensions you wish to keep must be performed 'outside' of it's virtual (sandboxed) state .;)

Two such extensions I highly recommend:
  1. LastPass www.lastpass.com provides added encryption security for all your passwords with many free choices.
  2. uMatrix https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/µmatrix/ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf allows one to see it's blocking of a variety of Java scripts, unnecessary images, & third party cookie vulnerabilities, yet allows functionality blended with ease. *Note, under Options >> "Hosts Files" un-check those already blocked by your adblocker. Example: "Malware Domains"
Thank you for sharing, ..and esp. for reading all of this!:rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21043

I recommend you consider using uBlock for adblocking. Advertisements can invade your privacy since they can track you - by blocking the advertisements you eliminate this potential privacy risk. Based on my experience, I recommend uBlock over other Adblockers such as: Adblock Plus, Adguard. Of course if you prefer Adblock Plus than you should keep it!

You can download uBlock for Google Chrome here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock/epcnnfbjfcgphgdmggkamkmgojdagdnn?hl=en

As suggested above by @FireShootSK, you should get some backup software. I recommend either Paragon Backup & Recovery or AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for sharing your config! If you'd like to read some more tips on improving your configuration, check the following thread: http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-strengthen-up-your-security-configuration.44663/

Cheers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21043

This is uBlock0 ?? Whats the differences o_O
Sorry, thanks for noticing this! Just corrected the link to uBlock over the other uBlock (now named to uBlock0). :)

uBlock0 was the original uBlock by gorhil. However, there is now another uBlock.

Cheers. ;)
EDIT: @yigido I sticked with the gorhil one too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.