App Review Norton Internet Security 2014 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author
I'm back ! ;)

Advantage

+ Very good detection rate
+ Effective SONAR
+ Lightweight

Disadvantage:

Nothing

Norton has an excellent rate in the test.
No malware in the end, everything was stopped.
Recommended and one of the best, well done Norton !

Music : D-Krypt - Blow Me Down |Nick Skitz & Technoposse Remix| (Diversity Nightcore)

@Malware1 , @xxtoss23 and @MikeV

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Thank-you :) I set Kaspersky up like Comodo, their application control set at untrusted, but it can block other files, but I'd rather have that then get infected ;)

Reactions: Manzai

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Great review. Sadly I never liked Norton . It used to slow my system down very bad. Last I used it 3 years back when it came free with my montherboard :p.

Reactions: Kent and Manzai

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Norton's USA has rear doors, fully I distrust.

According to Bloomberg, last June the Ministry of Public Security of China stated internally that would have Symantec software security vulnerabilities such as backdoors that allow third party access from the outside, which was denied by the company.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I never found Norton to slow down my laptop, infact I found it to be very light.

Tony :)
When I first installed it was very light. It sat there not using any CPU and RAM or very little. But when I ran a scan the fans started whirring like crazy, and it was ramming the RAM :)D). When it was done, laptop was still as noisy as ever, and I uninstalled it. Wonder if it was a bug or something.

Reactions: Kent and MalwareT

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Norton USA,NASA,Bad

First of all please learn the difference between NASA and the NSA. Secondly, if the NSA (or even the NASA lol) wanted to get into your private Windows computer, they would get in. They don't even need purposefully preinstalled backdoors for that (and of course there is all that information you are disclosing about yourself online, which is uploaded to external servers they have access to).

R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
Welcome back and great review, seems that Norton performed very good in this test :D

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Nice to see that you are back! Nice review as always :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.