App Review Norton Security vs Zero Day Scriptor

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although I absolutely despise mysterious answers to valid questions as they come off as totally disingenuous, I have to be mysterious.

The malware I am using is a modified form of a targeted script written by a group whose only goal was chaos (in jail now, all of them). It has the ability to bypass UAC by a method that I can't discuss (note also that UAC at whatever level wouldn't save the documents). But even if this wasn't the case, shouldn't these products be able to prevent destruction on their own, without assistance from Microsoft?

As to testing K, although their products are very good, they revolt me due to their actions in the Political/Military sphere.

Piteko- Thanks! Isn't music always better than verbal blather?

M

Last edited:

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
As to testing K, although their products are very good, they revolt me due to their actions in the Political/Military sphere.

Their products should be among the very few which would actually look good here. If you refuse to test them, you are in danger of undermining your own credibility because it might look like you are only selecting participants which look bad in comparison to Comodo.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.