Battle NortonDNS or Bitdefender TrafficLight ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am running Fsecure AV on Win 7 64.
Fsecure AV dont have Webshield.

I am little confused with NortonDNS & Bitdefender TrafficLight.
Which one is better & you suggest for malware/phishing?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually this now varies as detection capabilities but in such widely view Bitdefender Trafficlight should be enough supplement to your needs but if you want more flexible configuration then Norton DNS.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
bitdefender is much better for me, as it uses the same engine as comercial Bitdefender, as for Norton emmm once a while you will see something blocked from them... however you may use both as Bitdefender is a plugin and Norton is a DNS service which you can implement it via your Router and also offers you some interesting features

PST: As they say, Norton DNS is just a basic layer of protection..

Reactions: frogboy

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I do not think Bitdefender trafficlight is a good opinion.
It does not allow the users to permanently exclude a URL from detection.
So if a website is detected as malicious due to a false positive error, then you must deal with an alert page each time you visit this website.
I should say that it is boring.

I have submitted those false positive errors to bitdefender, but no response after several weeks:(.

Reactions: Koroke San

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
I do not think Bitdefender trafficlight is a good opinion.
It does not allow the users to permanently exclude a URL from detection.
So if a website is detected as malicious due to a false positive error, then you must deal with an alert page each time you visit this website.
I should say that it is boring.

I have submitted those false positive errors to bitdefender, but no response after several weeks:(.

Bitdefender traffic light is a plugin therefore it only makes basic URL scan which means that it only compares URL while surfing in fact i think that none of any existing plugin (AV scanner) would allow you to exclude urls

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Bitdefender traffic light is a plugin therefore it only makes basic URL scan which means that it only compares URL while surfing in fact i think that none of any existing plugin (AV scanner) would allow you to exclude urls

NONE?:rolleyes:
Maybe you can try McAfee Siteadivsor.
It is also an independent browser plugin, but allows the exclusion of urls.

There are so many plugins that are designed to block malicious urls, but I have only tried about 3-4 of them.
So I believe there still exists some other security plugins with the capability of exclusion.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
NONE?:rolleyes:
Maybe you can try McAfee Siteadivsor.
It is also an independent browser plugin, but allows the exclusion of urls.

There are so many plugins that are designed to block malicious urls, but I have only tried about 3-4 of them.
So I believe there still exists some other security plugins with the capability of exclusion.
you got a point, however McAfee site advisor comes with an installer (you can also get it as a plugin), back to the topic none of the URL filters that are plugins would allow you to exclude url or offer you advanced features. As for McAfee since it is a program that monitor the entire HTTP is more that obvious that it would allow you to do "much more"

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Malicious/Phishing protection in adblockers like adblockplus, adguard, etc... are not that good, right?

Browser protection for mal/phishing are good enough with excellent AV like Fsecure AV (currently running) for average users?
Browsers IE & Chrome.

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.