Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
The National Security Agency spied on five American citizens despite a lack of any finding that they posed a threat to national security, The Intercept, an investigative outlet co-founded by Greenwald, is reporting Wednesday.

All five are moderate American citizens who appear to have been targeted for surveillance between 2002 and 2008 because of their political activity. The NSA told The Intercept that the surveillance was not "based solely" on speech.

"No U.S. person can be the subject of FISA surveillance based solely on First Amendment activities, such as staging public rallies, organizing campaigns, writing critical essays, or expressing personal beliefs," the statement read.

The revelation of the names of those spied on has been hotly anticipated since Greenwald teased it in May. The names were included in documents leaked by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

Greenwald obtained the consent of all five before publishing their names, he told HuffPost. Among those is Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. CAIR, the largest Muslim civil rights organization in the country, is widely regarded as moderate.

"I have long viewed this as one of the most important stories in the Snowden archive because it puts a face on the NSA's surveillance overreach and illustrates, yet again - that domestic spying abuses usually target minorities, marginalized groups, and dissidents," Greenwald told HuffPost.

Another of the Americans targeted for surveillance was Faisal Gill, a longtime Republican Party operative and one-time candidate for the Virginia House of Delegates. He previously held a top-secret security clearance and served in the Department of Homeland Security under President George W. Bush. He was targeted in the mid-2000s by conservatives who accused him of falsifying records to obtain his security clearance. He was cleared by the Department of Homeland Security.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
yZuTPky.jpg

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I think 80% all malware writers are actually government controlled robots and antivirus companies know it.. It's the only explanation, I mean look at the evidence... Why do we have detections like:

Trojan.Agent
, Trj/CI.A, Backdoor.CiaDoor, Rootkit.Agent.NSA, Win32/Spy.Agent.NYU (this one is controlled by spies monitoring New York University), Win32/Spy.Agent.NSO (probably a typo), Trojan.Spy.Agent.kb (they mean KGB)....

I think they're trying to tell us something . . . . . .

Reactions: WinXPert

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I think 80% all malware writers are actually government controlled robots and antivirus companies know it.. It's the only explanation, I mean look at the evidence... Why do we have detections like:

Trojan.Agent
, Trj/CI.A, Backdoor.CiaDoor, Rootkit.Agent.NSA, Win32/Spy.Agent.NYU (this one is controlled by spies monitoring New York University), Win32/Spy.Agent.NSO (probably a typo), Trojan.Spy.Agent.kb (they mean KGB)....

I think they're trying to tell us something . . . . . .
Yup & it's mostly for US, look how many popular US based AV using worldwide comapre to others country made AV.

Reactions: Cowpipe

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Trojan.Agent, Trj/CI.A, Backdoor.CiaDoor, Rootkit.Agent.NSA, Win32/Spy.Agent.NYU

hi buddy i like your rhyme, keep it up may be some day i wish you become poet of describing virus. :D:D:D

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
1. Nick Fury
2. Tony Stark
3. Captain America
4. Bruce Banner
5. Roadrunner

they are under surveillance too

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.