nsm0220 Config

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
User Account Control settings:Never notify (Disable UAC)
UAC - should be included is an additional level of security.Disabling UAC will lead to a less secure system, so be warned.
G Data InternetSecurity 2014,Comodo Firewall
At G Data quite good firewall, duplication of functions is a bad invention.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
User Account Control settings:Never notify (Disable UAC)
UAC - should be included is an additional level of security.Disabling UAC will lead to a less secure system, so be warned.
G Data InternetSecurity 2014,Comodo Firewall
At G Data quite good firewall, duplication of functions is a bad invention.

i got Comodo sandbox to replace the UAC because the UAC was not need anymore

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Sandbox and UAC are completely different, one cannot replace the other. UAC can prevent system modifications by applications requesting administrative privileges. Also running G-Data Internet Security with Sandboxie is more than sufficient. No need for Comodo Firewall.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree no need for Comodo Firewall with GData Suite and UAC should be enabled at least to default
Thanks for sharing your config :)

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
trust me exterminator20 with comodo's firewall and sandbox my pc plus with skills on repairing important windows files,removing malware and eta at the same time my pc is safe from malware and skill level should be set higher but the settings won't let me set higher than Advanced

Last edited:

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
I

illumination

Agree with most said above. UAC needs to be on to help secure the system, running G Data and CFW together is not a good idea."I dont remember" is probably not a good answer on some sort of back up for your system, as back ups are the most important part of security.

Do not confuse what the malware removal guys do on here with what one does in person. What i mean by this is, they do not have the luxury of sitting in front of the infected computers to work on them, they have to do it, via the internet, and through multiple logs of information.

Reactions: MalwareDetective

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Agree with most said above. UAC needs to be on to help secure the system, running G Data and CFW together is not a good idea."I dont remember" is probably not a good answer on some sort of back up for your system, as back ups are the most important part of security.

Do not confuse what the malware removal guys do on here with what one does in person. What i mean by this is, they do not have the luxury of sitting in front of the infected computers to work on them, they have to do it, via the internet, and through multiple logs of information.
yeah if you what to talk about the last part please pm me for that and besides i do have back up set up its just i don't remember the software im using

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
UAC is just another layer. It's mostly useless and can be bypassed but as stated it's an easier layer to use. It's part of the system so might as well use it.

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
I agree. You can write that you are really good at Malware Removal but I don't think You should write that you're better than the Removal expert's... They are working 24 hours, Without money, Just with logs.
and Friend, I Don't want you to take it as offense, I am just trying to explain you how much hard the Removal expert's working :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.