Status
Not open for further replies.

arc_de_triomphe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2013
Hello:)

I use Emsisoft Online Armor and I recently tried to create a whitelist of allowed countries instead of
a blacklist.
This works fine except for two sites : wilderssecurity.com and... malwaretips.com !!!:(

I cannot access to MT in spite of the fact that I allow USA. Normally the IP of MT is 198.1.119.172 and it is supposed to be in the USA, no ?

OA doesn't show me the US flag for this IP but this : "n/a"

Do you know what country I must allow in a OA whitelist to be able to go to malwaretips.com ?

Thanks;)

Reactions: Kent

arc_de_triomphe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2013
Emsisoft answered me quickly and kindly and finally here is what they say for the moment :

"I can confirm what you have reported, and will ask one of our developers about it.

Online Armor hasn't been updated in a while due to development focus on our new Emsisoft Internet Security.
We do plan to eventually update Online Armor with the new firewall that was developed for Emsisoft Internet Security."

It is sure and clear that EIS is the future of Emsisoft !

To use the "whitelist mode" in OA one has to go to Firewall>Restrictions>All countries are>denied>except for : "your whitelist".

But as OA does not see some sites/IP in their countries (it dipslays "n/a" instead of the name of the country, in Firewall Status), when one allows the (site/IP)'s country in the whitelist mode, one cannot access to the site.
As it is detected in "no country" one cannot access to the site at all in that mode.

It is the case for malwaretips.com (wrongly not detected in the USA).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.