Oh, a whole obligatory thread?... That seems an inefficient and disparate way to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Welcome to MT.
And i agree with you that MT is one of the better ones if not one of the top 3.
On all forums you will find jerks, trolls and fanboys and this is a given, however here on MT they are a rare breed (thank god lol) But then again we have a great staff and we have some really knowledgeable members who can help you 9 out of 10 times.
So the mentioned unwanted people are ##### out of luck here on MT.

SyntaxTerror

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 28, 2014
Humor is a must. Can't have the internet getting boring. And vulgarity and profanity is actually alright by me, but I don't have kids, ya know. It's not even ignorance that bothers me, it's ignorance coupled with the lack of desire to learn. And prejudice. You guys provide a wonderful service, if what I have perceived of this site is true. I'm not even really sure why ya do it, financially speaking. When I worked as a remote tech, we stayed in IRC and helped each other filling in each other's knowledge gaps. And everyone has them. Despite the belief of some callers, NO ONE knows it all. And to act as if you do it's obnoxious and makes you a crappy, unlikeable person. As somewhat of a freelance tech, now, I lack a community to defer to. I hope that MT becomes a place where I can seek/offer support to other techs trying to get by.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Humor is a must. Can't have the internet getting boring. And vulgarity and profanity is actually alright by me, but I don't have kids, ya know. It's not even ignorance that bothers me, it's ignorance coupled with the lack of desire to learn. And prejudice. You guys provide a wonderful service, if what I have perceived of this site is true. I'm not even really sure why ya do it, financially speaking. When I worked as a remote tech, we stayed in IRC and helped each other filling in each other's knowledge gaps. And everyone has them. Despite the belief of some callers, NO ONE knows it all. And to act as if you do it's obnoxious and makes you a crappy, unlikeable person. As somewhat of a freelance tech, now, I lack a community to defer to. I hope that MT becomes a place where I can seek/offer support to other techs trying to get by.

Well i come from the industry itself and i am still working in the industry both on my own company as being part of a international company, and i know for a fact there are some members here who are directly related to the industry and have a proven track record.
So skill, knowledge and expertise enough not to mention we have enough self educated members who on their turn provide great info.
You ask: You guys provide a wonderful service, if what I have perceived of this site is true. I'm not even really sure why ya do it, financially speaking.?

How about that simple thank you from the member you just did help out?
How about the ability to share knowledge and learn in the process for free? Or laugh till you drop when some "mister" knows it all comes online and makes a complete fool out of him/her self?
How about meeting people and making online friends? and thus expand your internet network and connections?
Or how about this one? Being able to help new projects, create idea's and support those who really innovate and come up with great software? and having the satisfaction to see a project come together and be a part of it without actually being part?

Just a few of the 100's of reasons i can come up with to spend some of my free time educating members and having fun here on MT.

Think about it.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Well i come from the industry itself and i am still working in the industry both on my own company as being part of a international company, and i know for a fact there are some members here who are directly related to the industry and have a proven track record.
So skill, knowledge and expertise enough not to mention we have enough self educated members who on their turn provide great info.
You ask: You guys provide a wonderful service, if what I have perceived of this site is true. I'm not even really sure why ya do it, financially speaking.?

How about the ability to share knowledge and learn in the process for free? Or laugh till you drop when some "mister" knows it all comes online and makes a complete fool out of him/her self?
How about meeting people and making online friends? and thus expand your internet network and connections?
Or how about this one? Being able to help new projects, create idea's and support those who really innovate and come up with great software? and having the satisfaction to see a project come together and be a part of it without actually being part?

Just a few of the 100's of reasons i can come up with to spend some of my free time educating members and having fun here on MT.

Think about it.
A very eloquent post indeed!!:);)

SyntaxTerror

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 28, 2014

Think about it.

I didn't mean to imply that altruism has no value to me. In fact, my girlfriend often complains that I help people too much with no reciprocity. I meant that I do not know how you pay your bills, as we have not yet ascended to a utopian society yet, and still rely on currency to sustain ourselves, but, it's rude to straight up ask "dam boi how u pay yo bills?"

Think about it.

Oh, I also was a terrible Geek Squad troubleshooter/phone jockey because I incessantly helped people instead of upselling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I didn't mean to imply that altruism has no value to me. In fact, my girlfriend often complains that I help people too much with no reciprocity. I meant that I do not know how you pay your bills, as we have not yet ascended to a utopian society yet, and still rely on currency to sustain ourselves, but, it's rude to straight up ask "dam boi how u pay yo bills?"
Oh, I also was a terrible Geek Squad troubleshooter/phone jockey because I incessantly helped people instead of upselling.

Ohh don't you worry about my bills they are being payed but you are most welcome to pay them for me? whahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.