Expired OkayFreedom VPN for free!

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Hello friend that is not the exe is the container, it will download the exe for installation, download it and turn to virus total.

Your posting the Virustotal results of the installation file? what is the difference? because one has to download the container in order to get the installation file anyway, the container is what is infected, why not just give us the DIRECT DOWNLOAD link to the installation file itself in order to avoid the container?

I'm not downloading from Softpedia either, infected or not. If OkayFreedom itself cannot serve a CLEAN file then I'm just not going to use it. It just proves that they are untrustworthy and must rely on third parties to clean up their sh!t.

BTW @frogboy - Norton does not flag the file but Symantec does, both are the same entity, why one flags it and the other doesn't is beyond me.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Your posting the Virustotal results of the installation file? what is the difference? because one has to download the container in order to get the installation file anyway, the container is what is infected, why not just give us the DIRECT DOWNLOAD link to the installation file itself in order to avoid the container?

I'm not downloading from Softpedia either, infected or not. If OkayFreedom itself cannot serve a CLEAN file then I'm just not going to use it. It just proves that they are untrustworthy and must rely on third parties to clean up their sh!t.

BTW @frogboy - Norton does not flag the file but Symantec does, both are the same entity, why one flags it and the other doesn't is beyond me.
Here it is. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/OkayFreedom.shtml

Reactions: LabZero and JM Safe

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friends I personally thing desistalar this program, I have no confidence in him, the container detected virus and the exe 4 anti-virus detected virus in the, I personally not install more, since I noticed that internet worked more slow, when remove the virus detected by ESET internet more fast.

110apsm.png

Reactions: norman

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Just as I thought ......

No one needs software like this with such shady practices, I'd like to recommend that the moderators and administrators of Malware Tips prohibit the posting of this vpn ever again and remove all past postings of this software, it's just not safe to have on your system. It goes against everything this site is about.

Reactions: soccer97 and norman

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
I have installed this software for more than 3 month now on my laptop and it's working without an issue.My on demand scanners (MBAM,Hitman Pro,Zemana,Emsisoft Emergency Kit) doesn't reveal any infection of any kind,PUP or whatever.So...?Does this mean i should remove it anyway?

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think some AVs flag OkayFreedom not as a FP but really a detection of signature. Look at the names of the signatures. They have "steganos" there, so these AVs know about it and they made PUP/Adware signatures against it. So, it's not false positive, but PUP/Adware detection.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have installed this software for more than 3 month now on my laptop and it's working without an issue.My on demand scanners (MBAM,Hitman Pro,Zemana,Emsisoft Emergency Kit) doesn't reveal any infection of any kind,PUP or whatever.So...?Does this mean i should remove it anyway?
I have it for 6 months without a problem as well. I find it to be safe. ;)

Reactions: VladDracul

taner

Jul 5, 2015
I dont have any file like this : okayfreedomintdle.exe
and i have installed this software for more than 6 months . i have downloaded from the official site

Last edited by a moderator:

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
I think some AVs flag OkayFreedom not as a FP but really a detection of signature. Look at the names of the signatures. They have "steganos" there, so these AVs know about it and they made PUP/Adware signatures against it. So, it's not false positive, but PUP/Adware detection.
That's correct, the free version is a kind of adware since it shows their own ads on websites which isn't that bad for a free VPN, but they keep on complaining about how this is not trustworthy and so forth. What they fail to realize is that this giveaway is or was for the premium version of OkayFreedom which doesn't install any kind of crapware (the free version doesn't too) and does not show the ads included in the free version. I just can't grasp what kind of entitlement they think they have to say that the mods should remove posts about it, just because they don't understand why it's free and why some scanners detect it as a PUP...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
MalwareTips does not recommend or promote any software posted in this forum.These are publicly displayed giveaways from other sites and not to be confused with giveaways posted here http://malwaretips.com/forums/MalwareTips-giveaways.114/

All software giveaways posted in this forum should be considered "Use at your own risk" as some might contain adware/PUPS.Just because something is offered free does not make it good.If you have doubts or questions about something then you probably shouldn't use it.

There are usually free or open source alternatives that perform the same function but without the risk of getting something you didn't bargain for.

We also cannot say "X" or "Y" software is a virus or spying on you without concrete proof.A couple of snippets with no source or hearsay does not give us the right to say "X" or "Y" should not be used.However the user should should make an educated decision based on factual user based posts as these are more times than not reliable sources of information.Just saying something is "probably" a false positive without researching exactly why it is showing up will,sooner or later,come back to haunt you.

Once again MalwareTips does not promote or recommend any software giveaways posted in this forum.What we do recommend is that you use caution downloading and installing any software and if you have doubts then do not use it.

This thread is closed.The promotion has expired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.