System recovery
Acronis True Image 2016

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
now i upload all to the several cloud , an USB pen can be lost and a DVD scratched ^^

And data can be compromised if you lose access to your account, to only be then used and accessed by an unauthorised user. They can browse your files, know your email and possibly get access to your email and other accounts, if you use the same or similar password. It's also possible to bypass 2FA, I've read.

@OpenSecLabs No SP1, or didn't bother with detail.

D

Deleted member 178

And data can be compromised if you lose access to your account, to only be then used and accessed by an unauthorised user. They can browse your files, know your email and possibly get access to your email and other accounts, if you use the same or similar password. It's also possible to bypass 2FA, I've read.

true but i took preventive measures ;)

copies of the files on multiple cloud accounts, files encrypted then zipped with password, paraphrased passwords made with special characters and numbers.
i think i am good, after all , i am not Obama , my files has few value :D

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
No SP 1 only Windows 7 Ultimate, I've installed 4 or 5 years when I've got this new PC, I don't care about windows updates, I think are useless. In past I had Comodo Internet Security with god mode settings, now I wait for them to fix some "bugs".

I keep all my data on DVDs or my USB because I don't trust online storage, how I don't trust the VPS. I have important things that I don't wanna get public. I go to international conferences with research projects and I do my safe way.

A lot of things don't look how they are, maybe I will talk more about this in an article :)

Code:
People should read terms of agreement when they use a software

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I use Avira and it has an option to disable auto-run. I say it is useless because "now you are vulnerable to new attacks", only next update will fix this security issues. It is like how antivirus works ... i see a virus -> make signature -> update -> detect -> you are safe.

People will get infected no matter what ... If you see the USB doesn't need to auto-run to infect someone, it is the same with CDs and DVDs. You just make a shortcut and it is done. There are so many techniques, just watch how the backdoors, RATs work, watch some black hat forums

People can get infected with a drive-by, make a small java applet that runs a exe in background. With windows updates or with no updates it is the same.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Thanks but isn't that paid ? I love to use free software :)

Reactions: sunil22

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I've use EMET, since I uninstalled Comodo I didn't install it back. I am waiting for Comodo to fix the bugs and to install it again, if not then I will search for other setup.

And thank you for sharing all the information :)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
A little update on my setup.

UAC =
Always Notify
Real-Time Protection = 360 Internet Security (QVM active in real time)
VM = Virtual Box

Another program that I love it is Foxit Reader :)

I clean and defragment my pc each sunday, a quick scan with Malware Bytes. This is my setup and how I keep my PC clean. The last Windows install was in 14 December 2009 (6 months I used only linux, it is when I bought it).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.