Opera Max - Free Way To Save Data on Your Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Opera Max

Do more

Opera Max is a data-management and data-savings app that shrinks videos and photos on almost any app on mobile data connections, as well as Wi-Fi. Extend your data plan by up to 50% for free.*

JPWM6iW.png
4VFMX3E.png

* Savings based on sampling of beta users in the United States. Your results may vary.

Read More : http://www.opera.com/mobile/max/android

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I should consider this, because my pocket wifi has a limit of 1.5 GB per month and shrinking of photos and videos is my concern for that.

Reactions: Moose and yigido
Y

yigido

Thread author
Well I should consider this, because my pocket wifi has a limit of 1.5 GB per month and shrinking of photos and videos is my concern for that.
Yes, everyone should consider. :)
It saves 65% on my phone.. on instagram, Firefx and some android games. I love Opera Max.
It just cannot save data on encrypted connections, but it is good for me.

Reactions: jamescv7 and Moose

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Use the hamburger menu to view the Blocked apps features. You do NOT need to use the Opera Max Cloud VPN for this.

In my opinion, the Blocking Apps from using any Internet data should be it's primary use.

2 Blacklists

There are 2 separate block-lists for Mobile and Wi-Fi.

For example, if you have 500MB limit, blocking Youtube from Mobile data and allowing on Wi-Fi can save you data.

Notifications

If you block an app on Wi-Fi and then use the app (on that connection). Opera Max will notify you if you want to continue blocking or unblock, with a choice to remember.

Unblocking

Unblocking and Blocking All can be performed from the Settings, location on the top-right of the app.

Once an app has been unblocked, it will appear at the top of list, on the left side of unblocked apps. All other apps will remain in A-Z order.

By default the main welcome screen is below:

To use Opera Max Cloud you must ALLOW it to create a VPN to monitor your traffic, data-saving / compression.

This is similar to Opera Turbo mode on desktop, but being Android it requires a VPN to save and compress data?

Connection request

Opera Max VPN wants to set up a VPN connection that allows it to monitor network traffic. Only accept if you trust the source.

{key icon} appears at the top of your screen when VPN is active.

[Cancel] [OK]

Even thought data is compressed whilst using the Opera Max Cloud VPN, you can set the compression rate of Images and Videos, as High compression will affect the quality of video playback, you can set it to OFF.

Reactions: jamescv7 and yigido
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.