App Review Opera vs Phishing Sites (MalwareSecurity)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
> Does Sopho Virus Tool work on Windows 8.1?
> What extension do you use on Opera Browser?

Kind regards,;)

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
> Does Sopho Virus Tool work on Windows 8.1?
> What extension do you use on Opera Browser?

Kind regards,;)

hah I thought i helped you out with sophos issue. i guess I did not reply correctly on youtube...youtube sucks!lol
anyways, yes sophos does work with out a single problem in windows 8.1 because I am using 8.1 and the extension I use in opera is "AdGuard" its located under "Extensions" and you would click "Get More Extensions"!

If you are not familiar with AdGuard, heres the video:

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

hmmm I personally stick with free version of adguard because it does an amazing job in blocking pop ups and it blocks phishing sites. I downloaded the trial version of adguard and I uninstalled it because I felt like it was useless to have since free version does a great job. You can watch the video I posted because I show you in that video how many pop ups get blocked.

sorry for that paragraph, just trying to save you some ram usage and installing a program!lol

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.