App Review Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition Test and Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Sorry, i didn't had music to add in video :D Anyways, here's review:
Good:
-Nice,easy to use UI
-Good on memory usage (50MB)
-Very fast installation
-Behavioral blocking blocked some files :D
Bad:
-Not so good on detection (76.2%)
-Web blocking is not so good.

I don't recommend this AV, period.
Overall rating:4/5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
:eek: you are not recommending it but you gave it 4 start rating. That's kind of confusing :confused:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I cannot view the Pro.'s & Con.'s with MT Dark theme, could you make them visible?

Reactions: MalwareT

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
It is a cloud product, you need to execute the samples, you will never get high detection only with right click scan :)

This is how panda cloud works ;)

Reactions: WinXPert

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Except when you're not a PC, highlighting on a portable device isn't easy. Text should be readable no matter what.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Except when you're not a PC, highlighting on a portable device isn't easy. Text should be readable no matter what.

I understand. Most of the time if I can't read my post on a dark theme, I edit my post and use a yellow font

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I thought Panda Free scored well at AV-Test and AV-Comparitives lab results in detection :|

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.