Mini Spy

Latest Threads

Panda Cloud Pro vs Trend Micro

Discussion in 'War Room' started by windowsdefender, Jun 12, 2012.

?

Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro Edition VS Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus+

1. Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro Edition

27 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus+

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  1. windowsdefender

windowsdefender Regular Member

What do you perfer and why. If you have another favorite cloud AV post it in the comments.

2. Plexx

Plexx Guest

I have only tried Panda Cloud and it was the free version but curious to see Trend Micro results against Panda Cloud in a face off.

Care to provide the TM link?

3. windowsdefender

windowsdefender Regular Member

You can get a 30 day trial at http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/index.php?regs=NABU&clk=latest&clkval=3773&lang_loc=1

4. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

I would say Trend Micro for a couple of reason. One because I have used it before and have not really used Panda. One thing I like about Panda though is the amount that it uses, in one of the threads here on the forum I see that it uses 560K which is quite good compared to Trend which is sitting on 30MB idle and running and working 70MB. Another reason for Trend because of it's web guard, out of all the web guards that I have tested Trend Micro has come out on top. Plus the new Beta looks great and can't wait till it's released.

But this is basing on the Panda Cloud Free, not the paid, if it was for the paid I would have to test them both.

5. Malware Maniac

Malware Maniac Regular Member

I would say Panda Cloud Free. But I'm not a fan on cloud AVs because without Internet then you only have the user interface.

6. McLovin

Well you have the other features, but they won't work correctly. That is what every AV company I think is going to do in the future.

7. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Security Configuration Expert MalwareTips Staff

Panda and most Cloud AV (Webroot SA, etc...) have a local signature database (cached or not). If cut from internet you will miss just the very recent signatures that may be added after your connection cut and its detection will be lowered.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1893778&postcount=124

source: http://research.pandasecurity.com/arguments-against-cloud-based-antivirus/

Please, check your infos before stating.

8. malbky

malbky Regular Member

Umbra I agree with Malware Maniac. It just has a cached copy of few important signatures. Suppose when I am offline I plug a USB with some old threats I am at the danger of getting infected. Also the Pandas local copy of signatures depends on the users inputs too. So if USA users are more the cached copy will contain more sigs for viruses in the wild in USA which may not be the same list of viruses which are in wild in another part of the world. It can be although used as a second defense AV. It will be simple mater for a relatively new AV to just disconnect the internet acess leaving the user vulnerable.

9. Plexx

Plexx Guest

I suppose in the next few days ill grab a copy of each version and give it a test run on both with default settings to see how they work out of the box for the user who will install and forget.

To note, Panda free does use barely no memory. The URL filter is good as always, only problem is the toolbar which I believe 80% of the users remove it.

If there arent any text reviews about these 2 products ill make it after a few days, since I was planning on exploring the panda cloud av beta anyway.

10. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Security Configuration Expert MalwareTips Staff

Panda pro has a USB Vaccine feature.
    My USB protection layer : Bit Defender USB immunizer, MC shield
    Worthy isn't it ? :D

and you still have your on-demand scanners

Im sure the chances that you are in USA, have a disconnection, teleport yourself suddenly in Russia, keep yourself offline , plug an infected usb on your system without scanning it with your other scanners are very few. :D

Of course with any AV you have the "worst scenario"

Why they should do that?

11. Viking

Viking Active Member

I haven't tried either of them!

12. Malware Maniac

Malware Maniac Regular Member

I have posted a poll regarding cloud and signature. http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Cloud-vs-Signature-Based-Anti-Virus

13. notorious_rn

notorious_rn New Member

i had tried trendmicro before as pccillin antivirus yet my computer got infected in just a week never tried it again.

i choose panda cloud between the two AV but for panda cloud it needs to improve on its prevention and removal.

for trendmicro i will try it may be to be sure if its improves a lot and i might change my mind about trendmicro...

14. malbky

malbky Regular Member

I did not mean AV my fault. I mean a virus.

15. Plexx

Plexx Guest

Based on both my reviews, I am going for Panda.

16. Tobi

Tobi Regular Member

They work by preventing a USB from utilizing autorun (autorun feature allows a USB to run automatically once connected). Then the rest is left to the realtime component of your AV.

No. The local cache is not region-specific and it also depends on what wild things the big Pandas find.

17. spleentechie

spleentechie New Member

I personally prefer Panda anti-virus. Second in awesomeness of name only to Avast! Panda is a solid anti-virus(though I personally don't like cloud AVs because I have spotty internet connection because I use a 20 dollar wireless adapter). Trend micro is decent, but uses 94 megabytes of ram and uses five processes which is pretty steep. Though Panda isn't much better with around 10 processes which is also steep. In conclusion I am sorry too have confused you, but I go with Panda because in my opinion a cloud AV is supposed to be light and fast and Panda is better in those categories.

18. Plexx

Plexx Guest

According to my reviews:
    Trend Micro uses 3 processes and less than 30mb ram: Review

Panda Cloud Pro does have signatures too, but instead of reviewing PCP, I went Panda Antivirus Pro: 3 processes less than 15mb ram: Review

Have a look or test it before saying the amount of RAM and processes as the info you have provided is not accurate.

19. McLovin

[​IMG]

It also depends on how good your specs are on how it performs.

20. malbky

malbky Regular Member

I would still say Trend. Does Trend have a local cache of threats?