Panda URL Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin

Level 3
Thread author
May 14, 2011
"Earth - 07-11-01:30 -- Panda URL Filter isn't compatible with SBIE? :( "

After seeing the preceding comment by Earth at the shoutbox, I decided to create this thread. His post caught my attention because I installed Panda URL Filter yesterday on my XP and it is running perfectly even though I am using SBIE.

If Earth is experiencing an issue, it is probably due to some other unknown conflict. I installed the toolbar and afterward uninstalled it and some other program that gets installed, only leaving the URL Filter.

I don't have any issues but lets remember that I don't use nothing but the sandbox. As of now, I am using SBIE, NoScript, Norton DNS and now the Panda URL Filter. It feels great and it blocked every URL that I threw at it yesterday except two. It has one process and it stays at around 8 MB with 0 CPU usage.

Bo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for bringing this up. :)

I'm using Sandboxie 3.60 (64-bit) with default settings, and only run IE9 32-bit under the supervision of SBIE.

I too have only one process running Panda_URL_Filtering.exe *32, since I uninstalled the Toolbar.

When visiting the Panda URL Filter test page, I get:
Code:
This website is for testing purposes only.

If Panda Cloud Antivirus Web & URL filtering is active, you should not see this web page loaded in your browser except if you bypassed the filter.

I have no idea what would be conflicting as I don't have any addons in IE9 except SimpleAdblock.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Go to Sandbox Settings > Applications > Security/Privacy, then add Panda Cloud Antivirus.

See if this fixes your issue. :)

Ramblin

Level 3
Thread author
May 14, 2011
http://download.cloudantivirus.com/eng/malicious/?id=panda2_0dn&url=www.cloudantivirus.com/testurlfilter/
I had to do 2 things to get the filter working on my computer. One, go to sandbox settings>Applications>Security/Privacy and apply Panda Cloud Antivirus.
Two, this one is strange:
When I first installed the toolbar, I uninstalled the toolbar and the other program that gets installed BEFORE opening my browser. The filter did not work. So I ran the installer again and ran the browser for a couple of pages. Afterward, I uninstalled the toolbar, the cleanup tool and the filter worked.

I had tried the filter under TimeFreeze so I knew the filter worked fine. When I first installed the toolbar and the filter was not working, I just figured out quickly that "only running the browser before uninstalling the toolbar" was the only thing that I was doing differently in my real system.

Try the compatibility setting first and if it does not work, try installing it like I did.

My system is XP SP3 32Bits. Before installing I check around and even though there have been issues in the past, there is none now. Let me know what happens, lets get it working for you. It seems to be very good with no slowdowns.;)

Bo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks Tobi. :)

The Panda URL Filter test page now displays as it should.

Edit: Just seen you post now Bo. Thanks for bringing this up, it's solved now. :D

Ramblin

Level 3
Thread author
May 14, 2011
Earth said:
Thanks Tobi. :)

The Panda URL Filter test page now displays as it should.

Edit: Just seen you post now Bo. Thanks for bringing this up, it's solved now. :D
My pleasure brother Earth. ;)

Bo

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Went about testing this filter again and find it is not compatible with Dragon and Waterfox browsers.
Works like a charm on IE9 and Firefox tho'.
Back to BDTL for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.