Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Couldn't access it and windows kept wanting to format it
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Ran recuva and said could not access disk
I am currently trying to run test diak but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shaun

echo1

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
My only experience with this same situation (on 2-3 occasions) has been the result of a corrupted file system. The only fix, in each instance, was to reformat the drive.

Upvote 0

echo1

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
I really cant do that very important stuff on the pen drive. It's not even mine
I wish I could be of some help in that regard, but best of luck. I'm sure someone on MT will be able to provide you with a solution.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I am currently trying to run test diak but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shaun
Linux supports more default file systems than Windows. Try to create bootable usb drive (another usb) with some Linux distro of your wish, run live distro (don't need to install it) and try to access the broken usb from Linux. If not, change the usb hub.

You can also try to recover files using EASEUS Data Recovery free (1gb limit), iCare Data Recovery or Minitool Recovery, try if they want to read unpartitioned usb drive

Upvote 0

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Then probably it was formatted to another file system.
Can you read it on the TV?

Like i said its not mine so i would have to find that out.

Linux supports more default file systems than Windows. Try to create bootable usb drive (another usb) with some Linux distro of your wish, run live distro (don't need to install it) and try to access the broken usb from Linux. If not, change the usb hub.

You can also try to recover files using EASEUS Data Recovery free (1gb limit), iCare Data Recovery or Minitool Recovery, try if they want to read unpartitioned usb drive

I will try that thank you for the suggestion.

EDIT: After running test disk it said there was no partitions found.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akshay1189

Level 3
Verified
Dec 6, 2013
I would suggest you to leave the Pen drive as it is and use another one untill you are able extract contents from it ; if the contents are very important to you.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.