Pirates reportedly upgrade to Windows 10 from non-genuine Windows, and remain activated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
The whole upgrading to Windows 10 from a non-genuine Windows is so confusing. First, Microsoft announces that it plans to give Windows 10 as a free upgrade regardless of whether users don’t have a genuine copy of Windows 8.1 or 7. Then shortly afterwards, Microsoft backtracked what it said and told everyone that pirates will not get Windows 10 for free.

Quite a few people have reported on Reddit have reported that they have successfully upgraded their pirated copies of Windows (check out this thread and this one), both 8.1 and 7, to Windows 10. Surprisingly, many of these people got their Windows 10 activated, despite their previous Windows installation not activated.

Many users are claiming that all they had to do was run the Get Windows 10 app and then the magic began. They didn't even need to run any hacks or exploits.

However, some users have also reported that their Windows 10 upgrade did not activate from a non-genuine copy of Windows. So users who don't have a genuine copy of Windows who try to Windows 10 shouldn't be surprised if their Windows 10 machine didn't activate. If you run across this problem, then it's probably best you purchase a copy of Windows 10 if you can afford it. Or enroll in the Insider Preview, where Microsoft keeps a close eye on what you do, and how you use the OS, for product improvement purposes, of course.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
yes and when the next batch of updates will come , all of them will be flagged then desactivated ^^

.....or if Microsoft fails to release a valid update that targets only non-geniune, deactivate genuine licenses.

I really only think Microsoft only cares about businesses that pirate their software.

L

LabZero

I think there are problems with the license server.

The license must be validated on the server, the management of this process does not work correctly.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This just might be the easiest way ever for non genuine copies to become genuinely activated.I think at least for Windows 8. Pirated Windows 7 using an OEM activator probably will not have a problem at all.

Mustolaf

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2015
If they do get deactivated, new patches for the Pirates will arise and it's just another never ending cat and dog chase so gg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piteko21 and XhenEd

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
yes and when the next batch of updates will come , all of them will be flagged then desactivated ^^
Not really. In XP and 7 there was a specific update to target non genuine keys. result? uninstall/dont install such update and it was safe heaven for those who used a pirate version.

Also, there's a specific WL that contains OEM keys and those are valid, albeit general. that so far bypassed the trouble of activating W10. Know for a fact cause a mate did it in front of me.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friends the pirate Windows 10 does not update, locks automatically updates and if you try it says it is updated. But still on.

The problem I see is that if they do not pirate updates to Windows 10, as detected is not original?

There are 3 activators already circulating in her network and activate another form of CMD.

I have genuine Windows 7 Home and yesterday actualize a Windows 10 Home and I have a problem, I have 300 MG downstream and upstream 31 with Windows 10 once you start doing the speed test and is 300 mg once I restart the PC decreases 94 down and 31 MG rise, disconnect cable and connect ruter and again have 300 MG, all very strange, do not know why this happens, and install the Windows 10 drivers and nothing remains the same, had to return to Windows 7 this system works all right, if anyone can help or give an idea, thanks.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Not really. In XP and 7 there was a specific update to target non genuine keys. result? uninstall/dont install such update and it was safe heaven for those who used a pirate version.

Also, there's a specific WL that contains OEM keys and those are valid, albeit general. that so far bypassed the trouble of activating W10. Know for a fact cause a mate did it in front of me.
Hello friend the same activator used to activate Windows 7 updates scampered dangerous detected that Windows was not original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.