Polarity Browser New Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Polarity Browser New Version - topic here ..

Latest version: Polarity 5.3.9 Build 134

Polarity v.5.3.9 (10/24/14)*
Removed underline from links in new tab page, indication if app window is in Float mode, full screen mode for app windows, better page rendering, bug fixes with Polarity Search, extensions automatically run after downloading, added Run button to extensions menu.

CHANGELOG page : http://polarityweb.webs.com/polarity
Changelog page on Softpedia : http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/Polarity-Changelog-228158.html

FEATURES page: http://polarityweb.weebly.com/windows.html

- description on Softpedia: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Polarity.shtml

'An efficient and feature-rich software utility that functions as an intuitive web browser based on two engines: Chromium V8 and Trident'

'Polarity is a user-friendly web browser featuring an intuitive interface that allows you to explore various websites and bookmark your favorite pages.
The application is based on two browser engines, namely Trident and Chromium, ensuring a fast and secure web surfing experience for you.
Upon first use, the program prompts you to select your favorite search engine, providing you with several choices. The initial selection can be changed later on, as Polarity offers a wide range of options.

The 'Privacy' tool lets you browse without having to worry about the activity history, cache or cookies being stored, as everything is deleted on exist, without any data being sent to third-parties. Another component provided by Polarity is the 'Ad-Block' tool. Once activated, it will restart the browser, filter a website's contents and eliminate almost all advertisements from the web pages you visit.
Moreover, Polarity allows you to choose the elements you want to display when accessing a website, thus letting you activate or deactivate JavaScript, Flash, Java or even images. Using the 'Web Filter', you can prevent any automatic redirection to malicious websites, protecting your system's security.

Possibly the most interesting feature of Polarity is the 'Speech Recognition' component. This enables you to control the browser using your voice. As such, you can start programs, open menus, dictate text and send emails. You should note that setting up this feature requires some sort of audio capturing device, such as a headset or desktop microphone.
In addition, when exploring various websites, you can select a word or a portion of text in English and choose from the context menu the 'Speak This' option, an efficient a Text-To-Speech tool.

Polarity is an interesting web browser that offers several appealing and useful functions, which can surely enhance your web surfing experience.'

- Hmm, never used this browser .. Chromium and Trident engines together ..

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Polarity Browser changelog page: http://polarityweb.webs.com/polarity
- so very actively developed: 115 versions since 11/16/11 ..

From Features page: http://polarityweb.weebly.com/windows.html

Security:
A strong web filter that warns and protects you from malicious websites that will harm your computer. The site certificates and reputation are also taken into account to power the filter. Alongside the web filter, Polarity offers sandboxing which prevents installation of malware, webpages to track your activity, or steal private info.

Adblock:
Polarity has a built in ad blocker that filters out 90% of all ads on the internet that includes pop ups and malicious ads.

Stability:
Polarity will instantly save your last session and prompt you to restart in the event of a crash. Due to Polarity's multiprocess architecture, each tab is isolated and will not freeze the browser if one becomes unresponsive. If a tab does crash, Polarity will notify you do recover the tab.

Privacy/Proxy:
With private mode, no history will be recorded and no cache/cookies will be stored. Cache is automatically deleted on exit in private mode. No data will be sent.
Polarity allows you to easily customize your proxy and supports VPNs.

Simple Translation:
Polarity allows you to quickly translate a webpage through the right click menu.

Themes, Apps, Extensions: look links on the Polarity Store page: http://polaritystore.weebly.com/

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Not even going to try it again... it was a good browser but was really hard to uninstall.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hmm thank you Fantasy, Umbra and tailHey for your councils - so it's a bad browser, visibly ..
- so we refrain to download this browser for now ..

Found on the web this comment:
'.. Polarity grew out of the Simplicity browser project, and its motto is, "Browse the Web without clutter." However, it really doesn't offer anything special or unique enough to turn heads, and its emphasis on simplicity also means limited compatibility with add-ons and extensions.
When we first ran Polarity, a setup wizard had us select preferences such as a home page, a default search engine, ad-blocking options, and tab behavior. We opened Polarity's Preferences by clicking the familiar Settings icon, but the preferences sheet is configured rather differently from similar browsers, with a layout, buttons, and navigation controls that take visual cues from smartphone apps. The first thing we do when trying a new browser is to set a blank home page (a habit from the dial-up days) and then import bookmarks from another browser. We accomplished the first task by typing "blank" into the home page address field, but the only option we found for importing bookmarks was a tool for managing IE favorites in Trident tabs. Polarity's browsing performance is right up there with the latest browser releases, but then, it's built with the latest open-source engines. But it has some issues; for instance, we could open a new Trident tab but not access the IE favorites we supposedly imported.
There's little to dislike about Polarity, but it seems unfocused.' ..

- This one is Posted 01/28/2014:
'Would not uninstall from windows 7 pro. even in safe mode. Had to do a system restore and clean the PC and registry. Beware! No bueno! My opinion.'

.. another comments I found just now, on CNET:
'When you remove this software it removes files that it shouldn't remove!, with it's own uninstaller!, set the uninstaller to remove all of Polarity's files and also Polarity's history, and it did this!, and didn't remove Polarity!, had to do a system restore and manually remove this garbage software!
Summary
You have been warned!, don't install this possible Trojan!' - this comment is about Version: Polarity 4.3.8.1 build 251 ..

'.. I couldn't go anywhere without it saying it didn't trust this website and telling me to get out of it. Even my companys website. This would be great if I were 6 or 7 years old. The only websites that you can go into without a warning is like Disneyland or Microsoft.
But don't go out of it's comfort zone. It sucks. Even took forever for cnet/windows to come up. I'll stick with Maxthon and Chrome thankyou!!!' - is about the Version: Polarity 4.2 build 251 ..

'There are a lot of chrome clones out there like Comodo dragon /Srware Iron / blackHawk / that all work pretty good but believe me "Priority" is no priority !' - about Version: Polarity 4.2 build 251 too ..
- these comments are here: http://download.cnet.com/Polarity/3000-2356_4-75812946.html

Last edited:

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Hello. I am the developer of Polarity and I thank you for your feedback. I understand that the uninstaller does have issues and we are working on that and testing it on multiple machines. If you have any gripes for Polarity please do not hesitate to let me know or PM me. As a clarification, Polarity uses Privoxy for ad blocking and not AdBlock Plus. Privoxy is disabled by default.

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello. I am the developer of Polarity and I thank you for your feedback. I understand that the uninstaller does have issues and we are working on that and testing it on multiple machines. If you have any gripes for Polarity please do not hesitate to let me know or PM me. As a clarification, Polarity uses Privoxy for ad blocking and not AdBlock Plus. Privoxy is disabled by default.

Hello, it's good to see you wanted to react to our thoughts that quickly, don't forget to let interested people know about progress in your project, as well as Polarity's latest changes (via changelogs), what is planned for it and on ^^

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
- Thank you Polarity for your feedback.
Could you make the portable version, please?

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
I will update and possibly modify the changelog to show more detail for each update in the future. As for a portable version, we are figuring how to do so.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
NEW version: Polarity v.5.3.3 today: fixed bugs with uninstaller. Among other improvements ..
Please keep in mind to make the portable version, we look forward to ..
Thank you!

PS.

Currently ommited future updates:

Drag and drop API supported, voice control works on website text fields, Mute plugin, data backup, autofill.

Polarity v.5.3.4 (Upcoming)

Updated color scheme, minor UI updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Polarity

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Requirements: .NET framework 4.0 or higher.

Oh uh,
I have not seen this requirement before ..

Great pity for me, who does not like to have that heavy .Net Framework in my PC .. I have only .Net Framework version 1.1 and 2.0, and I plan to remove version 2.0 to lighten my computer.
So a question for developer: can you change this status .. can you remove that requirement and make Polarity browser without .Net Framework, if it would be possible for you to change the code, please?

PS.
Your 'About' page is very very nice! : http://polarityweb.weebly.com/about.html

.. but 'Changelog' links (on Windows and Android too) works no more today: i see an exclamation point with 'We're sorry, this site is frozen. ..' announcement, why ..
We're sorry, this site is frozen.jpg
nWMFvR9.jpg

Reactions: Polarity

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I do agree that the .net framework is large and a mess on a computer. I will be looking into ways of making Polarity unreliant on the .net framework. As for the website with the change log, this is some terrible news since I've read of other site owners using webs to host their content have difficulties on recovering their site.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! I do agree that the .net framework is large and a mess on a computer. I will be looking into ways of making Polarity unreliant on the .net framework. As for the website with the change log, this is some terrible news since I've read of other site owners using webs to host their content have difficulties on recovering their site.

About get rid of .Net Framework - thank you so much in advance!

About these two changelog pages problem: first make sure you have the BACKUP of your whole website!
- then with right click / sorce of the page, I see assets.zendesk.com javascripts scripts .. (it's not malicious).

Your DMCA.com protection antivirus status is 'Non verified', cause 'Request unsuccessful: error' .. hmm
Your other website pages are OK., and have:
Protection Status: Active
Protection Started: 07/28/2014
Last Checked: 07/28/2014

- on another site page: another date 07/21/2014 ..

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
I should've made one. The good news is that I have the entire change log saved in a raw text format. I will be changing the location of it and will post the link soon.

MalwareHunter

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 30, 2014
Requirements: .NET framework 4.0 or higher.

Oh uh,
I have not seen this requirement before ..

Great pity for me, who does not like to have that heavy .Net Framework in my PC .. I have only .Net Framework version 1.1 and 2.0, and I plan to remove version 2.0 to lighten my computer.
So a question for developer: can you change this status .. can you remove that requirement and make Polarity browser without .Net Framework, if it would be possible for you to change the code, please?
I don't know what softwares you use, but i haven't seen any PC without .Net Framework 3.5 or newer in the latest 2 years. I can't imagine how can i use a PC without .Net Framework (at least v3.5) on it.

Reactions: Malware1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.