Pop Ads by DiscountExtensi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpellKaster

Thread author
Mar 2, 2015
Hello,
The browsers I use are Firefox and Google Canary. I used Google Chrome before but because of the same thing happening I stopped last year.
Also I think I have a 64bit laptop, though not sure on that.

Alright to move on,

I have no idea what I downloaded. I do remember downloading bitorrent, but I don't remember using it. There may have been something there. anyway,
This started sometime this week. There are ads that come up randomly (though I have adblock). There was another name before it but now it's called "DiscountExtensi".
From what I understand, it's pretty common and there's loads of help out there, but I'm not tech savvy enough to understand them.
I followed a site posted on a previous post here but I only understood until step 2 of the site

I've tried uninstalling it from my extensions, uninstalled it through control panel's "Uninstall a Program", followed this one site that said in order to manually uninstall it I had to delete the extension for the Google folder on my computer, and as stated above, I followed until step 2 of the article MiTechMate posted on their blog.

There are hyperlinked text everywhere as well as pop ups with flashy colors that say the same thing, "Congratulations! you have (1) new prize ). Also, if I click anywhere on a webpage, a new window opens up and sometimes it's really difficult to close as there's a popup within the window that even though I press "close" doesn't stop coming.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    48.5 KB · Views: 95
  • FRST.txt
    59.6 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.