"Poweliks" Malware Uses Windows Registry to Avoid Detection

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
This is old as hell news.
What were you guys doooooing back then when it was released ! Lol.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
This is old as hell news.
What were you guys doooooing back then when it was released ! Lol.

To be honest, my first thought when I read about Poweliks was, yeah, what's new about this? Sometimes I think the antivirus industry is guilty of hyping up it's finds specifically with the intention of worrying users and selling more products.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
To be honest, my first thought when I read about Poweliks was, yeah, what's new about this? Sometimes I think the antivirus industry is guilty of hyping up it's finds specifically with the intention of worrying users and selling more products.

No I mean, that malware brand (behavior) is quite new, the news of Poweliks isn't, haha !

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
No I mean, that malware brand (behavior) is quite new, the news of Poweliks isn't, haha !

Well the behaviour of Poweliks is actually just a reworking of an age old concept although of course, it hadn't been seen in this form in the wild before. But yes I agree with you, Poweliks has been around for a long time before this post, it's old news, but it's still news for some people here :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.