Prince's config..

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
You could add LastPass for password management, HTTPS Everywhere some backup software such as Aomei Backuuper or Macrium Reflect both have a free version..;)

If you do not have a portable hard drive use Aomei One Key backup solution. Also you could ad CCleaner for better privacy. :)

Others i am sure will ad to this i am sure. ;)

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello @prince shukla
My name is FireShootSK and i help you improve your config:
  • Have you enabled UAC? UAC can safe your PC!
  • No on-demand scanners? Install MBAM, Zemana or ESET Online scanner/EKK
  • Backup your important data to external HDD or cloud(Dropbox,Mega,OneDrive...)
  • Have you created backup of your system. Very good program for making backup is easeus todo backup
  • Install Sandboxie. It's very good program to run apps in sandbox
  • I see you want visit phishing sites. I recommend install to your browser WoT(Web of Trust), BitDefender TrafficLight and Https Everywhere.
  • Change AdBlock to uBlock. It's lighter and little better
  • Install PrivaZer or CCleaner
  • Install LastPass
Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you @prince shukla, for sharing.
The wise and experienced advice that has been given you are gems, more than a handful of which reside upon our own system configurations!:p
As you are a Chrome Browser user too, I'll share what I feel increases it's capacity for protecting your privacy.
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to the bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  • Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Mark the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser"
Use "New Incognito Window" often. This will delete cookies at end of sessions.;) :):)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Trend Micro IS 2015 is a pretty good product which all you have to do is an active internet connection to obtain Cloud function working.

You need to take extra precaution upon testing since a last infection date happened will be a lesson for you :)

Anyway; backup and backup must be implemented; conduct system image and place all your important files in External HDD/USB.

Other software to add is File extraction which will be 7-zip or Bandizip. In terms of backup browser then Opera or Firefox. (You may go on other variants/derivatives)

Reactions: JM Safe and scot

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I want to suggest you to install BitDefender 60 virus scanner, which is a very light and quick scanner.
It always runs in background but it is very powerful and important.
Another thing: you can install Collusion extension for your browser, which is a very important extension, because it allows you to know which websites are tracking you!
For the rest, I agree with @exterminator20 ,@FireShootSK, and @jamescv7.
In addition you can install MPC-HC, which is a very good media player
Thanks for sharing your config bro. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.