Battle Privatefirewall 7.0.30.2 vs Comodo firewall 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
I am now using Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 on my Windows 7 computer. Which combinations with Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 is the best? Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 with Privatefirewall 7.0.30.2 vs Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 with Comodo firewall 7.0? Please help me with this.

Reactions: kiric96

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Comodo. Hands downs. Comodo has HIPS, autosandbox, cloud malware checker, viruscope and website blocker. I know that private has the anomaly detections, similar to a behavior blocker. Comodo is also very light. I'm not really sure of the resources from Private.

Reactions: NSG001

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Yep a very hard call here, I just voted for Comodo Firewall a 50% Vote! Comodo has ARP Blocking but, Privatefirewall 7.0 still does the same blocking zer0-day exploits for your Antivirus WOW, but Privatefirewall 7.0 has no ARP blocking methods!

I use my Windows Firewall Console 9.0 only for Advanced users!

My-Desktop.jpg

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi (BlackBox) Hacker,

Are you using Windows Firewall Console 9.0 and/or Emsisoft Online Armor? Or where you just testing Emsisoft Online Armor?

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
I did all of my security testing many Years ago now, I sound sooo old lol?

Still using Windows Firewall Console 9.0 I like it so much, I even installed it on my sisters PC to keep her safe as well!

It's the only Firewall on the Net with Webcam Tester!

Hi (BlackBox) Hacker,

Are you using Windows Firewall Console 9.0 and/or Emsisoft Online Armor? Or where you just testing Emsisoft Online Armor?

Last edited by a moderator:

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I am now using Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 on my Windows 7 computer. Which combinations with Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 is the best? Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 with Privatefirewall 7.0.30.2 vs Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 with Comodo firewall 7.0? Please help me with this.
I suggest, you should try Zonealarm Free firewall. I am highly satisfied with Zonealarm.

Reactions: Venustus

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Comodo. Hands downs. Comodo has HIPS, autosandbox, cloud malware checker, viruscope and website blocker. I know that private has the anomaly detections, similar to a behavior blocker. Comodo is also very light. I'm not really sure of the resources from Private.
Private Firewall is much much lighter than Comodo.
Comodo FW is harder to configure, but offers more protection.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
private firewall
right now my config is
EAM 8 + Private firewall and everything goes well, plus i am protected against unknow threats

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Hello
Stricly i prefer privatefirewall but they have to update it more often (last version update in december 2013). Comodo is buggy and dangerous for a normal user in my opinion
Window firewall or a firewall include in a strong wellknown suite will be better in my opinion

Reactions: kiric96

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
I choose Comodo, it offers more protection and for me it's more easy to configure!
But because it gave me some errors i changed to Private Firewall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.