Process Lasso 8.4 - 03/07/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violeta

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 12, 2014
ZxVQvdr.png
Tame CPU hungry processes and take control of your PC!

• ProBalance - Keep your PC responsive during high CPU loads!
  • Gaming Mode 2.0 with Bitsum Highest Performance power plan
  • IdleSaver - Run at maximum performance while active; conserve energy when idle
  • SmartTrim - The first-ever intelligent RAM optimizer - new
  • Automate and control process settings and power plans
  • Light-weight native code with negligible resource use
  • Efficient stand-alone core engine that can run as a service
  • Unique system responsiveness metric to quantify your experience!
  • Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and Windows 10
1.png

Process Lasso is NOT yet another task manager. It is a process priority optimization and system automation utility. Priority optimization, affinity optimization, core optimization, automated rules, automated power profiles; you name it, and Process Lasso does it!

Process Lasso's most popular feature is the unique process optimization technology called ProBalance (Process Balance) that will improve your PC's responsiveness and stability by making intelligent dynamic adjustments to the priority class of background processes. Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without sufficient restraint -- leading to hangs, micro-lags, and delays in your keystroke or mouse actions. ProBalance intelligently adjusts process priorities so that badly behaved processes won't negatively impact the responsiveness of your PC. This has been proven to be safe and very effective, as you can see from our CPUEater demo.

Remember: No configuration is necessary. Install it, and forget it!

Info software:
Web page: Process Lasso
Release build: 8.4.0 - 03/07/2015
Download: 32 bits - 64 bits

Good luck ;).

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It will keep your streaming and gaming smooth. Well, it keeps everything smooth.

D

Deleted member 178

I played with it and will not play again. You can't safely gain more than what your hardware has already.
what you gain in one area , you lost in another.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
True but that is the point: you don't want your real-time processes (streaming, gaming) to lose resources to any other process: "No, anti-virus, you cannot take I/O away from my game and cause it to hitch just so you can update signatures..." Windows is pretty poor at keeping the focus application focused.

Reactions: Neno

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
I love it myself. So much so I have 2 lifetime licenses to cover both machines. I know what you mean, Umbra, it really *is* a case of 'robbing peter to pay paul' but it works extremely well to reign in badly written/poorly optimised software that likes to waste cpu cycles and even deals with memory leaks pretty well. My favourite feature is the 'Insights' button, which gives you a display of 'most wanted' apps that tend to run amok and hog cpu cycles/memory. Firefox is always public enemy number one, lol.

I am very fussy, I like a smooth responsive system. If process lasso can't handle something and make it play nice, there's always an alternative software I end up switching to.

EDIT: They also have a no hassle, no questions asked, 45 day return policy if you don't like the paid version. The free version is nice, but it pops up a nag screen delaying startup by 10 seconds ~ obnoxious but my wife hated the delay so much I got her a pro licence too.

My best way of knowing it works well is when I visit Steam forums and see mass complaints of laggy games that have memory leaks and become unplayble. The same games that I am usually playing problem-free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.