Status
Not open for further replies.

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Post all the good and bad things in Kaspersky internet security 2015 that you know.

Pros : good malicious website detection, Good behaviour based protection from new malwares, Advanced disinfection scan , low RAM usage , Ability to rollback actions of malwares

Cons : Low detection rate compared to some other security software.

Kaspersky is very good all round security. Even independent labs tells its protection against exploit is good . Also its firewall is rated good by independent labs.

Reactions: glasswitch

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Cons: High Ram uses , Slow down OS , slow database update ,

PS: (during scan if you are using laptop it will make it hot as your GF :D)

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
In idle state Kaspersky RAM usage is around 60 MB . Its under 100 MB which is good
During scan it would be around 160 MB. Which is also good.
I would say its low RAM usage considering many people have 4 GB or more RAM

Each of us has different perception on what is low RAM usage and what's high.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
The following is meant as a humorous statement.;)

Pro: I was one of the lucky winners whom won an activation key for "Kasperski Internet Security 2015" which was presented to my son in an envelope with the words "Happy Birthday!", and inside, printed on a powder blue 3" x 5" card was the download link with the numbers to a one year activation key! :cool:

Con: The only downside I can think of is how I'll have to wait a bit longer now in order to try Kaspersky for myself! ;):D

R

rkkdjb

i am using it now.
as others suggested the idle ram usage is around 40-60MB
which reaches anywhere in the range of 400-600MB while scanning depending upon the type of scan chosen.
Its firewall is not gud, even Windows firewall is gud in front of it.
wanna try it ? try block a program completely in ur firewall.
then install its new version(of the same program that u blocked)
u will notice it forgets the rule and allows it to connect to the net.
not gud.
for me KIS at this point of time is no gud then KAV.....

kasperskyfan

Level 1
Verified
Apr 13, 2014
My opinion:

Pros: Very good detection
Cons: slows down the boot time, slows down the internet speed.
Even tho I have a very good laptop ( Intel Core i7, 8 GB Ram, 1TB HDD) I still can feel the difference after installing Kaspersky.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
My opinion:

Pros: Very good detection
Cons: slows down the boot time, slows down the internet speed.
Even tho I have a very good laptop ( Intel Core i7, 8 GB Ram, 1TB HDD) I still can feel the difference after installing Kaspersky.

Strange. I don't have that good laptop. ( only i5 and 8 GB RAM). But when I installed Kasperky AV 2015 , it was very fast. Consumed only 50 MB ram and I haven't felt any slowdown.

Only problem I had when inserting external drive. It was doing a full scan of that drive.

kasperskyfan

Level 1
Verified
Apr 13, 2014
Strange. I don't have that good laptop. ( only i5 and 8 GB RAM). But when I installed Kasperky AV 2015 , it was very fast. Consumed only 50 MB ram and I haven't felt any slowdown.

Only problem I had when inserting external drive. It was doing a full scan of that drive.
Even I dont know why I can feel it on my laptop. I have been using ESET NOD32 for months and my laptop is way faster than it was when I installed KAV 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.