Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/purshu_pros-new-rig-2016.62818/

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I've removed Chrome from our Windows 7 & 8.1 systems (XP) too, though my reason was non-compatibility with Sandboxie. I only use Chrome in linux now. I've grown too dependent upon Google Talk,:confused: ..or perhaps not enough upon cellular.:oops: ;)
Like you, purshupro, I've rediscovered Firefox/Firefox-like portable browsers and even *cough, cough* the ever present I.E.:rolleyes::p with which I've tried the Universal Binary app. version of LastPass which disappears when Shadow mode is exited.

How about using NoScript to block java script vulnerabilities? It's one of my core extensions.:) I'm trying to remember :confused: whether you have...
If your interested:
Well I am actually in the probe of freeing my PC from Installers. I started to follow this kind of concept by watching your thread, Huracan and Boramurdar. Now i feel much more comfortable with portable applications. Ah i would like to tell all the PC users to use portable application and switch to realtime apps if only necessary. Ex: We require an antivirus software for real time.

About my extension, I feel i'm alright without NoScript Ext.. Indeed without it , my browsing experience is beautiful and much faster. I have tried it before, but i guess i dont need it anyhow, since i have Click to play enabled in my browsers.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Adblock Plus, Ublock or Adguard. Actually they are pretty good extension to your browser just pick one.
UBlock is available for FF ? I had ABP installed, but causing flicker in browser. Now i'm currently running Adguard Ext. but not blocking the content as required.

Reactions: Logethica

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Well I am actually in the probe of freeing my PC from Installers. I started to follow this kind of concept by watching your thread, Huracan and Boramurdar. Now i feel much more comfortable with portable applications. Ah i would like to tell all the PC users to use portable application and switch to realtime apps if only necessary. Ex: We require an antivirus software for real time.

About my extension, I feel i'm alright without NoScript Ext.. Indeed without it , my browsing experience is beautiful and much faster. I have tried it before, but i guess i dont need it anyhow, since i have Click to play enabled in my browsers.
As your VPN helps with privacy but (unless I've missed any listed) do you use an Anti-exploit or sandbox?

*smiling* I remember our discussions, and share your confidence with going portable!:D

Have you tried the Portable Apps platform?
I had found it to be an interesting way to organize & specifically locate new portables. Most often a USB does the trick, but I may give this platform another spin :)..and I must resist filling it with browsers & games!::p:rolleyes:

Can any one suggest me an AdBlocker ?
If Adblock plus is acting up maybe un-installing or performing a browser restart (starting fresh) in Firefox might do the trick!;) Find it by <clicking> on the "?" beside "customization", then <click> "Trouble shooting information".

Like jamescv7, I like both uBlock & Adguard, but only use them with Chromium sourced browsers:oops: on linux now.:) I have used Adblock Edge, one of the names from the james' list (#8 down below Adguard,o_O lol!:D) ever since I'd read Littlebits prefers it!

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
As your VPN helps with privacy but (unless I've missed any listed)
Do you use an Anti-exploit or sandbox?

Have you tried the Portable Apps platform?
Well since i have ESET SS installed, I believe they have come up with a new feature called Exploit Blocker and Botnet Protection, which alerts my mind that I do not require an additional Exploit blocker.;)
And Sandbox? I though have it installed it in my PC, I never use it. I just dont feel like using it.:cool:

Yes I have tried Portable Apps. I know I has some huge collections of Portable programs. I only download the applications which are not available as portable from their source.
Ex: Auslogis Disk Defragment is available as portable application from their own website. So at this case I need not use PA.
:)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Update: My airtel(Huawei) 7.2 Mbps wireless Data Card Stopped working. So replaced with new Device Huawei E303F 14.4 Mbps wireless Data Card.

Started VM Testing.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Update: My airtel(Huawei) 7.2 Mbps wireless Data Card Stopped working. So replaced with new Device Huawei E303F 14.4 Mbps wireless Data Card.

Started VM Testing.
Oh no! Another AV tester:eek::eek:! Just kidding. I hope it works for you. It's just not my cup of tea. Maybe some day!;)

Reactions: Logethica

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
And do u really get that speed & how much u pay monthly & any bandwidth limit or unlimited? I heard Airtel is costly.
Its not Air-t-el. Its Air-c-el. Yes I do get that speed. I am on a prepaid connection, so I will recharge 597 Per month which gives 6 GB Unlimited data. Thats sufficient for me since i have free internet in my office and is open to use it as much as we like.
Yes Airtel is a lot costly compared to all Wireless ISP.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Its not Air-t-el. Its Air-c-el. Yes I do get that speed. I am on a prepaid connection, so I will recharge 597 Per month which gives 6 GB Unlimited data. Thats sufficient for me since i have free internet in my office and is open to use it as much as we like.
Yes Airtel is a lot costly compared to all Wireless ISP.
Mine is unlimited 2Mbps but i get 4Mbps in night :)) here another provider gives 10Mbps at night if u book 2 Mbps but his service is not so good ;) I'm so tired of India net service quality :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.