Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/purshu_pros-new-rig-2016.62818/

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Mine is unlimited 2Mbps but i get 4Mbps in night :)) here another provider gives 10Mbps at night if u book 2 Mbps but his service is not so good ;) I'm so tired of India net service quality :)
Ya it feels so frustrating when we fall for them. I thing it would take still 1-2 years for ISP in India to settle properly. By the way who is ur ISP provider?

Reactions: Logethica

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Ya it feels so frustrating when we fall for them. I thing it would take still 1-2 years for ISP in India to settle properly. By the way who is ur ISP provider?
I think it will take more yrs.. btw, i'm using Meghbela & here also Alliance is a good service provider, peoples who use it says they get over 10-20 Mbps in torrent speed, depending on their packages. but sadly it's not in my area :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
WoW Major Updates, Forgot to mention it. Here it is.

Added Revo Uninstaller Pro after winning the Giveaway.
Fetched EASUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro for its Giveaway
Fetched Paragon Backup and Recovery Compact from the Giveaway

Congratulations to you in your cumulative windfall of prize winnings!:):)

I've wanted to ask: How do you like Kaspersky?o_O

I remember, years ago, before we had DSL available in our area of southern California, all we had was dial-up. It was very slow,:rolleyes: and yet a lot of fun!:p Now, when there is a problem caused by extreme weather it sometimes feels as though (temporarily) we've traveled back in both time & space!:confused: :D

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Congratulations to you in your cumulative windfall of prize winnings!:):)

I've wanted to ask: How do you like Kaspersky?o_O

I remember, years ago, before we had DSL available in our area of southern California, all we had was dial-up. It was very slow,:rolleyes: and yet a lot of fun!:p Now, when there is a problem caused by extreme weather it sometimes feels as though (temporarily) we've traveled back in both time & space!:confused: :D
Thanks.
I never taught Kaspersky is such a excellent software as it had promised to the world. I'm feeling so comfortable with its software and i like its UI a lot. There is no another reason since we have nothing to reject. A complete PC Protection software at its best.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
But it's scan speed is slow & did it slow ur PC boot & startup time & affect it's performance like it's previous versions?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
  • UPDATED AFTER MAJOR UPGRADE:)
  • FEELING LIKE HEAVEN WITH WINDOWS 10 AND MY NEW SSD. NO ISSUES UNTIL NOW since the upgrade went smooth and untile now didnt face a issue with Windows 10 since it was a OEM.
  • Just now cleaned Windows.Old folder and freed much more space in my SSD.
  • Guess there's no need to perform clean install since every thing is smooth and running well.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
  • FEELING LIKE HEAVEN WITH WINDOWS 10 AND MY NEW SSD. NO ISSUES UNTIL NOW since the upgrade went smooth and untile now didnt face a issue with Windows 10 since it was a OEM.
  • Guess there's no need to perform clean install since every thing is smooth and running well.
Good changed of your config, thanks for sharing.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
UPDATE:
  • Clean Installed Windows 10
  • Reinstalled Softwares.
  • Finding the best MS Office Alternative, Can any one suggest me the best?
Should I update my Graphics Driver?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Well done it all looks good. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
UPDATE:
Should I update my Graphics Driver?
I would suggest updating your graphics drivers from the manufacturer and not from Windows updates.On a clean install of Windows 10 MS put an old outdated driver and although it worked it was not without problems.I updated the specific Windows 10 driver from Nvidia which was released on the 29th and then an updated driver on the 12th of August.
If there is a new driver available from your manufacturer and it is stable then I would update it.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would suggest updating your graphics drivers from the manufacturer and not from Windows updates.On a clean install of Windows 10 MS put an old outdated driver and although it worked it was not without problems.I updated the specific Windows 10 driver from Nvidia which was released on the 29th and then an updated driver on the 12th of August.
If there is a new driver available from your manufacturer and it is stable then I would update it.
Thanks. And what about office suite? Which one should I use? And also can I use Norton AV 2014 180 Days Product for my win 10? Will it be sufficient for my protection. The reason why I want to add a security software is just for my USB protection. I usually plug my usb flash drive into various computers to troubleshoot and various stuffs. So even though if its infected I must be able to recover my files and work in the first condition as it was

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I always used open office or google docs
As for Norton AV 2014 I would make sure it is compatible with Windows 10.The last thing you want to do after doing a clean install and getting Windows 10 running smooth is screw it up with an incompatible software.Especially one thaat is not an updated version.
I know that ESET,Kaspersky,Emsisoft,AVG,Avira,Avast,Panda,Bitdefender,F-secure and Trend Micro are all compatible
I have been using ESS 8 since the release of Windows 10 and it is working fine.
If you are in need of something and not sure I can get you a 90 day ESET if you want to try that but I will have to send it to you later when I am home.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks @exterminator20 but the main thing is I want to know how to safeguard my USB flash drive. I know McSheild is available for that cause, but what it did once was It used to create a autorun file and it would not let me run any programs and stating that 'This drive is infected' Atleast after cleaning it must allow me to run my programs, but it was not happening so. Any solution for that?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.