rambutan's pc configs

rambutan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
I dont know what else suited my needs, daily usage : checking work, open email, browsing .. no game activity, i ever installed HitmanPro trial, but since its sending file without my permission, i uninstall it.
other input greatly appreciated. :)

Reactions: tonibalas and toto

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Some kind of backup if you don't already have one.
You could add Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or ESET Online Scanner as additional on demand scanners.
I would also suggest adding HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome & FF
Another good free program to consider is Sandboxie

rambutan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Some kind of backup if you don't already have one.
You could add Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or ESET Online Scanner as additional on demand scanners.
I would also suggest adding HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome & FF
Another good free program to consider is Sandboxie
thank you for suggestion exterminator20, im looking for network backup / remote using sftp, still cant find a solution, i'am a big fans of free product ;)

Reactions: tonibalas

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Using Windows firewall right..? Avast Free isn't enough you'd have to harden it though the settings (just my two cents). SBIE is a good free program. Wait a while as there might be a Shadow Defender promo that you can avail. Goodluck :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
my suggestion is to add a password manager to secure your passwords when you are online.
nice config and thanks for sharing

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What do you mean sending file without permission? Hitman Pro is a cloud/offline on demand scanner and does provide a behavior.

It scans in cloud and upload certain file during scan operation for checking with license engines.

rambutan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
What do you mean sending file without permission? Hitman Pro is a cloud/offline on demand scanner and does provide a behavior.

It scans in cloud and upload certain file during scan operation for checking with license engines.

it looks like i missed the setting section, today i try again using HitmanPro, i see settings button in the bottom, theres a setting for option automatic uploading file or not.

Update : i remove MSE, for 2 - 5 days i will watching the effect @ my laptop

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There is a settings where it automatically uploads suspicious file in cloud, and suppose to be normal behavior during scan operation especially if the file is new also.

rambutan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
- change main browser from FF to Opera Beta 2.7
- adding adguard, ghostery and history eraser

Reactions: tonibalas

rambutan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
update

remove :
TinyWall

add :
AdwCleaner
SpyShelter personal Free

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.