Troubleshoot Random dos prompt shows up.

Pendragon78

Thread author
Jan 29, 2015
So I keep getting this dos prompt that randomly shows up on my screen. Every now and then I get the error message that google chrome has stopped working. However I didn't have chrome on my computer. Generally just use IE for browsing. I have run avg and looked through all there stuff as well as going through and looking online for a fix to this as well. Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

It happened after the .net framework did the update to 4.5.2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sr. Normal

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
So I keep getting this dos prompt that randomly shows up on my screen. Every now and then I get the error message that google chrome has stopped working. However I didn't have chrome on my computer. Generally just use IE for browsing. I have run avg and looked through all there stuff as well as going through and looking online for a fix to this as well. Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

Your system might be infected.

I suggest you to scan your computer with free online scanners like

1. Herd Protect
2. Emsisoft Emergency Kit
3. Malwarebytes Antimalware Free
4. AdwCleaner
5. Hitman Pro with 30 days trial.

Upvote 0

Pendragon78

Thread author
Jan 29, 2015
So it is not popping up anymore yay. It was a problem with punkbuster seems when it updated it became a zombie and was trying to infect the rest of the computer. Thank you for the help.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.