Maintenance tools
Privazer

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Your config looks good.I would advise sticking with one security suite or an AV with a firewall not using a security suite and another firewall.If you license runs out you can always use Windows 8.1 built in security(Defender,UAC,Smartscreen,firewall) which has vastly improved in Windows 8.That combined with safe habits should provide you with solid security until you decide on another suite or AV/Firewall combo.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Wellcome to MT. You have a good configuration. If u are planning to renew ur security software ,i have Bitdefender IS 2015 License. I would love to share it with u if u would like it.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
If I were you I'll use either Avast Free or Qihoo 360 TS with Windows Firewall (or Windows Firewall Control).

Reactions: Razza

Razza

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Wellcome to MT. You have a good configuration. If u are planning to renew ur security software ,i have Bitdefender IS 2015 License. I would love to share it with u if u would like it.

Thanks for the offer i tryed Bitdefender IS sometime ago,it killed my laptop performance

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Very good config! I just love it ;)
Nice alternative for the future too :)

Razza

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Updates

Changes since last update upgraded to Windows 10 replaced Eset with Emsisoft Internet Security

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.