Reasons Why Windows 10 will be Best Microsoft-Developed Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Microsoft is geared up to launch its most anticipated operating system Windows 10 in a few hours from now. All the Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users will be upgraded to Windows 10 starting 29 July.

But wait, Microsoft is going to charge you a licence fee worth Rs 9,500 after a year. The Windows 10 will be launched in seven editions focusing consumption requirement of a user. For example, Windows 10 Home will be available for home users, while Windows 10 Pro will focus on the enterprise consumers.

Recovering the reputation after the mixed performance of Windows 8, Microsoft has worked really hard to make it the most successful product of the company. Here are a few points that proves why they are quite close to a ground-breaking success.

Welcome Start Menu Back

Numerous Windows users still prefer Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 or 8.1 due to the Start button, which organises all the applications and tools, helping the user to find everything with a single click.

Power of Eco System

Android and Macintosh aka Apple OS X/ iOS are the two biggest examples of how building an ecosystem ensures the popularity of the operating system. Though Microsoft learned it few years back, they are seriously implementing it with the latest Windows 10.

So after the upgrade, the entire Windows running device will come powered by the same operating system irrespective of the platform. So a user will run the same operating system on Windows-driven smartphone, PC, laptop and even HoloLens.

Cortana Assistance
The voice assistant app of Windows, Cortana, will be pre-installed with Windows 10 that will help users to search for anything through voice. The Cortana is an Apple Siri-like feature and will help you to set reminders, check new updates, ask questions, get jokes and a lot more.

Action Center

The Windows 10 operating system will come with Action Center pre-installed that will show you system-wise notifications on the upper right corner of the taskbar to tell you whether you received an email or a Facebook notification. There will be quick action buttons too for managing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth connectivity and more.

DirectX 12

Windows 10 will also come with DirectX 12 support for impressing the gamers. The DirectX 12 utilizes the CPU in a more organised style resulting in huge performance impact over the DirectX 11.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I have auto updates disabled via group policy but it seemed to have only worked temporarily.

Trying to use F8 is foolish. Educate customers and if they insist on being foolish (a popular choice, I know) by not using the proper procedure then they can stick with 7/8.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
quite!! I'm aware of this and I will set it on my pc but
my customers won't have it and I'll have to break my head.
find me a way to disable the auto update
cheers and thx
If u use Windows 10 Pro, you can choose to "Defer Updates". However, it will disallow ALL updates from installing. Unlike in previous Windows, you can select which Updates to install, and even to hide.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows 10 is the last, but has a future. In a few years, users will be able to determine if 10 is good or bad.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
There is a difference between "can" and "is". Does it have the potential or "can" it be the best? Yes. It just started... Is it the best? Maybe. Performance wise, certainly. Stability wise... we'll see. I voted yes by the way. It's already better than Windows 8 by far. Can it be better than 7? We play the wait game.

The last part is 100% opinion based by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxygen

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
There is an unofficial way to block Windows update. You can go to "services" and change the startup type for "Windows Update" service to Disabled. That should do the trick.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According to the article by TheVerge, Windows 10 is a rescue OS solution for such epic issue brought by their 8/8.1

Same goes to 7 for Vista *

*I paraphrase based on the understanding from that source

. Overall yes Windows 10 is definitely a worth to try but of course downsides are still present but it should not be as large impact than before.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
10 is still better than any previous version.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Where's all those Chrome apps/extensions that were supposed to be able to run on the Edge browser? Where's the ad blocker lists? Where's the Guest account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.