Reasons You Should Create A System Repair Disc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Your best protection for any disaster is a clean image of your OS. Windows has a feature that will create a image of your OS and it's so simple to use that you don't have a excuse not to use this feature.
If you do use this feature,you will need a way to get to it. Most of the time you can get access by booting into safe mode and clicking on repair.
My PC does not have the feature that allows you to get to the recovery mode and so I have to use the system repair disk. A system repair disc is different than a system restore disc. I'm going to copy from others because I don't always have the best explanation of what I want to !say.
Once you have created a system repair disc, you will be able to boot to the rescue mode. The rescue mode has several ways to help you repair your OS. It also includes a way for you to access the back up image that you created.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ns#what-are-system-recovery-options=windows-7

If Windows 7 won't start or starts with significant problems, you may need to use the System Repair Disc to fix problems with Windows 7. The System Repair Disc is designed to let you boot up Windows — even if nothing else works — and provides you with several options for repairing your failing system.

You need to create the system repair disc. If you don’t create one, you limit your recovery options. The system repair disc is not the same thing as the recovery disc that came with your computer. It won’t reinstall Windows 7 and it won’t reformat your computer. It's simply a gateway to Windows' built-in recovery tools.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I create regular windows and Macrium Reflect backups every two or three days. You can not be to safe. And once a week i use Aomei backupper to be extra sure. I think i got it covered. I have not been let down yet. :D:D

Reactions: scot and tonibalas

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I create regular windows and Macrium Reflect backups every two or three days. You can not be to safe. And once a week i use Aomei backupper to be extra sure. I think i got it covered. I have not been let down yet. :D:D
Good for you friend! Macrium Reflect is awesome. Been using it for nearly 10 years. I just made this thread for members that don't want to take the time to learn a 3rd party back up program. The windows image back up feature is not nearly as good as Macrium, but at least it's better than nothing!;) I do both!

Reactions: scot and tonibalas

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Good post, but I see no need for a System Repair Disc, Every one should have and use a Image recovery program.
useing RollBack Rx with Drive Cloner Rx and just in case Aomei backupper always on stand by.

Reactions: tonibalas

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi A system repair disc will get you into the window rescue mode. You may not need to restore a back up image.
I however agree, A back up image is the way to go.
Thanks for your reply!
Good post, but I see no need for a System Repair Disc, Every one should have and use a Image recovery program.
useing RollBack Rx with Drive Cloner Rx and just in case Aomei backupper always on stand by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.