Guide | How To Recommended Books for the Total Non-Computer Scientist.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Man invented books because he didn't want to lose his already gained knowledge. They're ancient, and necessary as their age. You must read these books, if you want to know the basic understand and architecture of a computer, and extend your coverage over all. At a first glance, the books may seem about programming, but they are not to the most extend.

1. A Tour of C++ : Some might consider this a programming book, but I think of it as a revision of my programming experience. It covers everything, from strings to vectors. Definitely a must-read if you want to understand buzzwords. I read it at least every six months. This "tour" is quite short, 180 pages. It'll take you a few hours to understand these buzzwords.
  2. Introduction to Algorithms : It is astonishing how many people are ignorant about algorithms. if you're a journeyman in computer science (not programming), this is a must-read.
  3. Windows Internals Created and published by a former Microsoft employee. Although there will be no Windows Internal Seventh Edition for Windows 8, the information about Windows 7 isn't quite irrevealnt. If you consider yourself a computer user, read this. If you don't appreciate this, I'll buy this back from you and give it somebody else who appreciates it.
  4. The Pragmatic Programmer : While this is certainly my favorite non-technical tech book, it is suitable for new users. It has definitively got its humorous examples and its pieces of advice. It's really good to read if you're a product or sales manager. It will (although I cannot guarantee) extend your computer science knowledge. Its dry humor is definitely worth the laughs. Almost entertaining examples as Code Complete, but Code Complete is for advanced programmers.
  5. Programming from the Ground Up : It's certainly meant to be a learning book, it's definitely more than just a reference and Assembly book. I recently bought this book, and it was well-worth even for me. It just doesn't stop at portability issues, its appendixes cover everything, from memory issues to syntax errors. I admit I learnt quite a large share of Assembly and memory because of this book. Best of all, it can be read by master programmers and novice users alike.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Make sure to read a Tour of C++, Windows Internals and/or Programming from the Ground Up. At least Programming form the Ground Up, if you aren't familiar with Assembly. Assembly is, no doubt, the heart of computer science. Nothing runs without it. Even Network Administration requires Assembly.

Reactions: Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.