Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Windows 10 is here, Microsoft is offering it as a free upgrade to those running genuine Windows 7 and 8.1, and although you qualify for the upgrade, you still don't want to install the new operating system.

There's just one problem with that. If you do decide to stick to Windows 7 or 8.1 and ignore the free Windows 10 offer, the upgrade notification displayed in the right lower corner continues to bother you every single day, asking you to benefit from this great deal and install Microsoft's new operating system.

In the first days, everyone simply closed this notification and lived with the Windows icon in the system tray, but after a while, it becomes incredibly annoying, especially when you're in a rush.

Meet GWX Stopper

There are several ways to get rid of this notification and stop it from showing up in the system tray, but if you just want to do everything with a single click, GWX Stopper is all you need.

The application's sole purpose is to disable the Windows 10 upgrade notification either temporarily or permanently, so you only have to launch it, choose between these two options and you're good to go. Obviously, you have to be running Windows 7 or 8.1 and be activated.

If you choose the close option, the Get Windows 10 app notification is only removed until you reboot the PC, so it reappears after that. On the other hand, if you click disable, the notification is permanently removed. And you can re-enable it back at any time if you want to upgrade.

A one-click solution

The developer of GWX Stopper (GWX stands for Get Windows X/10) says his project was supposed to be a one-click solution from the very beginning, so that anyone can use it easily, as compared to all those tutorials which require some additional steps and sometime involve messing with the registry.

“I also had a lot of friends and family with Windows 7 and Windows 8 on their computers who were also continually pestered by the Get Windows 10 app- and I wanted to give them a solution that was literally so easy my mom could do it. None of the tutorials I'd seen about how to deal with the app are what I'd consider novice-friendly, whereas GWX Stopper is a one-click solution,” he adds.

Of course, the app is completely free of charge and works really well, so go ahead and download GWX Stopper to get rid of that annoying notification once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.