Review: Emsisoft Internet Security 9
Pros
  • 1. Nice and Easy Interface

2. No System Slow Down

3. Good Web Prevention

4. Great Detection Rate against 500 Files

5. Great Behavior Monitor
CONS
1. High Ram Usage; When you have the memory optimization enabled, memory does drop pretty darn low, but when messing with emsisoft, it does go high!
BOTTOM LINE
At the end of the day, Emsisoft Internet Security 9 is worth it!
H

hjlbx

On my system I have 6 GB RAM.

Even when I have 10 apps open, EIS running a full system scan while I continue to test, and IE11 with 15 tabs open all while in Shadow Mode

...well, my system has never gone above 75% RAM !!

I stopped paying attention to EAM/EIS RAM usage as it doesn't affect my work load.

I only see RAM spike to about 250 to 300 MB for about 1 minute every hour during updates.

Other than that, I do not know EIS is there ... except when it alerts/auto-quarantines. :D

On my system, Emsisoft Internet Security is very dependable/reliable :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I was hoping that it would detect hancitor. But maybe it will in the coming day! Again, nothing perfect!

H

hjlbx

The BB detects suspicious behavior and then an Anti-Malware Network query blocks and auto-quarantines it...:confused::eek::D:D:D:rolleyes:

H

hjlbx

I make a deliberate attempt to test the BB against files not detected by signature.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Another great review!!!
I like the way you make tests and i like the music you are using....it relaxes me a little bit.
Now according to your tests i think G-Data did a little bit better than Emsisoft.
Since you make tests about double engine products i would like to see a review about 360 Internet Security by Qihoo.
The reason for this is that Qihoo uses also Bitdefender + their own engine (like Emsi and G data) and also that it is available in 64bit instead of Total security that it is available in 32bit only.

Keep up the great job
Hope to see reviews from you more often ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.