Review: Xubuntu 14.04.1

Product name
Review: Xubuntu 14.04.1
Pros
  • 1. Light in Memory

2. Pretty Fast

3. Based on Ubuntu 14.04 (3 year Support)

4. Stable
CONS
1. Nothing
BOTTOM LINE
At the end of the day, Xubuntu 14.04.1 is much better than 14.10 because of the issues I ran into while using 14.10. The issues are not life threating unless your really bothered by some of the small bugs and a whopping major issue with no audio when you have a rendered video.
S

Sr. Normal

Thank You @UrAvgLinuxUser . It was my favorite distro until I met Elementary OS , now i use Voyager 14.04.3 it is Xubuntu with appearance Elementary.

The only thing I dislike is that when you give a command ( open a program for example), there is nothing to indicate that you have given an order. In new equipment does not matter because everything opens immediately , but older computers makes you wonder if you are performing , until finally appears

Another great review, thank you very much .

UrAvgLinuxUser

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 5, 2014
Thank You @UrAvgLinuxUser . It was my favorite distro until I met Elementary OS , now i use Voyager 14.04.3 it is Xubuntu with appearance Elementary.

The only thing I dislike is that when you give a command ( open a program for example), there is nothing to indicate that you have given an order. In new equipment does not matter because everything opens immediately , but older computers makes you wonder if you are performing , until finally appears

Another great review, thank you very much .

haha sounds like your distro hopping there!lol
I was like that too until I met Opensuse

and your very welcome!:)

Reactions: Sr. Normal

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.