Mozilla Firefox
Maintenance tools
None

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Ok this is something new... I thought i would never use Google chrome.... (µMatrix + chrome) i am loving this combo........ I am still trying to figure out how to use µMatrix.(also in combination with adguard)
Added these rules to my rules tab
  • * adguard.com * allow
  • * adguard.com frame allow
  • * injections.adguard.com * allow
  • * injections.adguard.com frame allow
.... would love to have some tips......

Reactions: King Alpha

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Added : K9 Web protection (with unrated option selected)

Their support is good.... reported a url which was blocked, when i selected the unrated option. it was fixed within 24hrs...... :)

Last edited:

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Anybody have experience with Forticlient or K9.....I am confused with which one to use as web filter (forticlient without the Av part)... both seems good......

D

Deleted member 178

K9 is more a parental control oriented software, but a good one

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
K9 is more a parental control oriented software, but a good one
Yes it is but very effective in blocking malware site that too with minimal usage... it is one of the lightest web blocker i have seen

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
so u using K9 for only malicious websites? :eek:
what happened to default malware options in FF
and if u don't prefer those what abt Adguard's list? :rolleyes:
Now i am not using k9(untill i make sure its completely compatible with Windows 10). Also i dont use built in list of Firefox. When i was using k9 i also disabled Adguard Browser Protection.

Reactions: Then

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Updated my config
Added : Bouncer (Full version)
Just tried Faronics Deep Freeze standard, Its really stable and does what its supposed to do. Only option missing compared to Shadow Defender is you cann't go into frozen mode (shadow Mode) on the fly

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Is there any Good standalone Firewall left (except Comode, Binisoft WFC ). Really miss Outpost Firewall :( :(

Reactions: Online_Sword

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
What is your experience with Bouncer? How about config of it because as far as I know there is no GUI available?

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
What is your experience with Bouncer? How about config of it because as far as I know there is no GUI available?
its very good and really light weight and works at kernel level..... It actually has a GUI but most of the time i just use Notepad to configure Bouncer :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.