Firewall Symantec Endpoint Protection

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I like the setup, but why now just use Windows 8 Defender, the Windows Firewall and the rest of Windows 8 features?

Reactions: Ulikedat

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
I personally prefer emsisoft anti malware over windows defender and about the firewall Outpost allows me to have complete customization over my firewall settings. what did you mean by rest of the windows 8 feature??

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Umbra Polaris said:
reyes said:
what did you mean by rest of the windows 8 feature??

Smart screen, UAC, Secureboot, etc...

yes I use smart screen and UAC but uefi motherboard is required for secure boot right I think I don't have UEFI. correct me if I am wrong

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think you're correct, something along those lines.

I don't have UEFI either, because my laptops from 2008, nor do I have a need for SecureBoot.

Windows SmartScreen is nice touch to the OS, but I wish it has a Stats UI to see App Ratings etc, but I don't think MS would release that info for public viewing.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
DuckDuckGo.com has MyWOT web-ratings per search, enable it via the Settings. You can also save your settings to the cloud with a long non guessable pass code (use LastPass or similar to save it).

QGAMDcB.png

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Why using Webroot when you are already secured enough by AG and ERP?
In this case built-in Windows Defender is more than enough ;)

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Why using Webroot when you are already secured enough by AG and ERP?
In this case built-in Windows Defender is more than enough ;)
I know i am protected with AG+NVTERP+SBIE but i like Webroot's Identity Protection :) As a matter of fact nowadays i dont use Webroot very often because of Memory leak in Explorer.exe which causes it to use 300 MB of RAM. i feel confided without an AV :)

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Added : Binisoft Windows Firewall Control
Shadow Protect Recovery Environment
RollBack Rx(useful tip while using Rollback Rx don't Boot From an External Media)
Removed : Webroot
I am back again with the testing of Rollback Rx, trying out some safe methods ...... lets see how it goes ;);)

Last edited:

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Of all the Imaging software i used Shadow protect Recovery Environment is the fastest without any doubt........:):) But Terabyte Unlimited Image for Windows is the most supported and stable one... Hats off to its developer :)

reyes

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Its been two days Rollback Rx is still going smooth no problems yet.
To avoid a critical error in event log (showing that windows was not shut down properly) after you restore a snapshot other than Baseline do as i say restart the system and when rollback menu comes press home from that menu create a snapshot..... (this is applicable to all imaging software i guess if you make a Hot image (from within OS) when you restore that image you will get that critical error in event viewer)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.