Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender. Voodooshield
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, Zanama all free
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Slimjet is my browser of choice. Extensions - Stylish, Wot, facebook adblock, Reddit enhancement suit, To the top
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, and CCenhancer

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@russ0408, your configuration was an enjoyment to read. Thanks for sharing it!;):cool:
I've recently added the ublock extension for Chrome too!:) I understand your resolve and mindset that a back up would not be necessary, although there 'is' an ever present chance of falling prey to an infection such as :eek: cryptolocker.

*As far as having a back up plan, @illumination bequeathed a similarly needed wisdom upon my own not very thin skull when I first posted 'my' config!:D:rolleyes: ..and I have a flash drive plugged into it right now to do just that!:p:)

For an added layer of containment protection for your system, place your browsers into a virtual sandbox (except when updating). It's also free! www.sandboxie.com

Lastly, if you are considering testing Antivirus programs or, perhaps, running additional operating systems on Windows such as linux, o_O the safe download site, Softpedia, descriptively reviews it in a very down to earth way.;) http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/VirtualBox.shtml

Last edited:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
nice config. same with the others i suggest you have some backup solution

Reactions: Logethica

russ0408

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
Thanks for sharing your config :)
May I ask question? Why Waterfox do you prefer ?
I have tried firefox 31, and palemoon they all seem to freeze on me when using facebook for any length of time. Waterfox doesn't.

Y

yigido

I have tried firefox 31, and palemoon they all seem to freeze on me when using facebook for any length of time. Waterfox doesn't.
Ok. I am advertising a browser all MT friends know this :p
What about Cyberfox web browsers ?Maybe you can give it a try. I think better than, private than and faster than all the other firefox based browsers. Noone will hurt with a try :)
http://malwaretips.com/threads/cyberfox-web-browsers.23493/
:D

D

Deleted member 178

good one, personally i will just remove Winpatrol & SAS free; not very needed when you have the others.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.