s1ave77s config

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Good little config, only thing I have a problem with is AVG as I despite their company for bundling a spyware in their free Antivirus installation, plus the fact that it owns and try to promote AVG PC Tune Up but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: s1ave77

s1ave77

Thread author
Aug 24, 2014
Good little config, only thing I have a problem with is AVG as I despite their company for bundling a spyware in their free Antivirus installation, plus the fact that it owns and try to promote AVG PC Tune Up but that's just my opinion.

OK, didn't know the bundling in their Freeware, good point. I always refuse any tuning attempts from software, all useful tweaks are done per reg script during Windows Setup. Not much more speed to gain on my SSD fired system. Win 8.1 after Update 1 runs fast and rock-solid.

goro

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
nice config :) I love AVG, its light and work well. But IS ver slow my internet. I have to turn it off when play CS GO :(

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
OK, didn't know the bundling in their Freeware, good point. I always refuse any tuning attempts from software, all useful tweaks are done per reg script during Windows Setup. Not much more speed to gain on my SSD fired system. Win 8.1 after Update 1 runs fast and rock-solid.

I'm pretty sure that at some point, PC TuneUp was bundled with AVG Antivirus as every system I worked on that had AVG installed, also had a PC Tune Up folder that contained logs from the program, and none of the persons remembered installing and using a such program.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.