Fav. Antivirus
avast
Fav. Videogame
settlers of catan

nursey

Thread author
May 23, 2015
Hello peeps.
I joined the forum because I have something called "safetab.org" hijacking my browser tabs when I open a new tab (occasionally- not every time and not during every session) the browser search box appears to be in a northern european language - german maybe? I have not used the search box, visited the website and am not going to

I searched google for it and this came up ....... which suggests to me that it IS a suspicious malocious programme, I don't understand why google concludes that it isn't. perhaps it's about levels of irritation and amounts of complaints about it? anyway, I want it gone!

"Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for safetab.org
What is the current listing status for safetab.org?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 513 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 22 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-05-22, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-05-22.
Malicious software includes 9 scripting exploit(s), 7 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 15 domain(s), including blue-apple.net/, lukedeeluxe.de/, beetonhome.com/.

12 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including blue-apple.net/, byebyekitty.net/, mikes-lernstudio.de/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS24940 (HETZNER-AS).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, safetab.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days."

I'd appreciate any help removing this from my computer and getting it classed as suspicious
I have used the following tools (free versions) and it is still there
avast full scan
malwarebytes
wisecare 365

thanks for reading my post.

Reactions: Dima007
S

Sr. Normal

Welcome to MT.

Caution: MT is really addictive!!

ecdZzvC.gif

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.