Solved Same Laptops But Different Windows Experience Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
me and my friend bought a laptop few days ago.....after doing all the format and driver install stuff....i just felt shocked when i saw difference between windows experience index in every part except aero and gaming graphics....there was a huge gap in windows experience index between mine and my friends laptop......

here's the screenshot of my laptop:

my%20wei.JPG

here's the screenshot of my friend laptop:

324238_2805559067966_1528329613_2761280_340996463_o.jpg

the following screenshot is of gpu which is same in both mine and my friends laptop

intel.jpg

redon.jpg

could you guys please help me figure out what went wrong???

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have to make sure, so are both laptops identical make/models?

Upvote 0

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I don't understand why one screenshot shows an Intel GPU and the other an ATI Radeon. I thought they're the same model?

Also, did you make sure to re-run or "refresh" the Windows Experience Index assessment on both machines?

TxlBZ.png

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
ati radeon hd 6470m driver from HP comes bundled with intel media components during driver installation....so intel hd graphics family is among one of intel media components that gets installed.....its same on both the laptops.....yes i did re-run assessment....

Upvote 0

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
It looks like you CPU has intergrated graphics too. Go into the BIOS and make sure it is set to the dedicated AMD GPU not the integrated intel one. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
MetalShaun said:
It looks like you CPU has intergrated graphics too. Go into the BIOS and make sure it is set to the dedicated AMD GPU not the integrated intel one. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

nope there isn't any such options......

Upvote 0

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
With my knowledge of hps switchable graphics, the system turns off the dedicated graphics entirely when on battery power, and only uses the dedicated graphics when on AC power.

Could it be that one test was done on battery power, and the other wasn't?

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
iPanik said:
With my knowledge of hps switchable graphics, the system turns off the dedicated graphics entirely when on battery power, and only uses the dedicated graphics when on AC power.

Could it be that one test was done on battery power, and the other wasn't?

nope it was done in ac power.....you can't run assessment in battery power.....

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Take the Laptop back to the placed from where you bought it and ask them.

I suspect your integrated Video card is having some issues or some video memory components are corrupt or failing.

Good Luck.:D

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I think the problems is have 2 VGA cards. From CPU (intel HD graphics) and ATI.
sometimes when you do assessment, it can be using ATI card ,or intel HD graphics.
Like my laptop. which using 2 VGA. intel HD graphics + nVidia optimus.

Upvote 0

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Before you turn it in.
What bios version do you have?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/HP-Envy-14-2013tx-switchable-graphics-not-working/td-p/771749
According to this thread on the hp forums (it's for an Envy, but it's the same mechanism), this is a bug in the bios and that updates should be rolling out.

Upvote 0

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
well damn...
Your not making this easy for us ;)

Catalyst Control Center should have a switchable graphics pane. What happens when you choose "High performance GPU" option?

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
iPanik said:
well damn...
Your not making this easy for us ;)

Catalyst Control Center should have a switchable graphics pane. What happens when you choose "High performance GPU" option?

ahh sorry about that :angel:........i played some games using high performance in switchable graphics......all the games run smoothly without any problem......but i don't why WEI showing low score......is it some bugs of WEI or manufacture fault of my laptop......

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.