BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
mXa3Z.jpg

There are many companies that are bringing their incredible mobile tech to Mobile World Congress 2015, but announcements are already flowing ahead of it, with companies such as HTC announcing anew flagship phone, a virtual reality headset, and a fitness wristband.

Samsung today is holding their annual Galaxy Unpacked event, and as expected, the company has announced "what's next": their new flagship phone, that has been teased by the Korean giant andleaked in numerous photos for the past few weeks.

The new Galaxy S6 comes in two variants, the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge, both sporting some of the best specs out there, such as an in-house 14nm Exynos SoC, 577 PPI displays, 3GB of low power RAM, and up to 128GB of storage. Samsung's J.K. Shin claims no other phone can match their new S6s, and also mentioned that they come with the company's Samsung Pay contactless payment technology.

The new Galaxy S6 Edge has a double-curved screen, and both it and the normal version are very thin. However, Samsung claims that you won't be able to bend them, as they've been designed to be 50% stronger than competing metal smartphones.

more on Neowin

noelis

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
It's too expensive.....
samsung still make the same price as apple....although the sale has decreased by 60 %
xiaomi and huawei have also good smartphones around half the price...:)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
No sd card and no ip67 certification. This SUCKS!!!

Why would you need it when they offer from 16 to 128GB super fast internal memory and SD card is slower. I have LG G3 32GB version and for 7 months I didn't reach 50% yet.

Yeah iPhone 2.0

Haha, I don't know who started copying Android devices with big screen.

Anyway, it looks really nice, but I would still wait for LG G4 and then I will decide which one to buy.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

wajiman

Level 5
Verified
Jul 18, 2013
Why would you need it when they offer from 16 to 128GB super fast internal memory and SD card is slower. I have LG G3 32GB version and for 7 months I didn't reach 50% yet.

Haha, I don't know who started copying Android devices with big screen.

Anyway, it looks really nice, but I would still wait for LG G4 and then I will decide which one to buy.

Well if you are guy flashing different roms, going back and forth, you sometimes require to perform hard resets and with no SD card, data can be easily lost.

i have s5 as of yet 32GB internal with 32GB External and i have used almost 80% of it

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well sometimes SD Card is another option to place applications and other files because some users does not wanted to occupy to internal storage so they are rooting it for installing programs in storage memory.

+ such flexible to transfer them vice versa.

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S6 - probably the best smartphone display ever(or still now)

Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Gold_Platinum-900x506.jpg

The Galaxy S6 is getting a strong reception from critics, and another tick in the box is the latest rating from DisplayMate, the screen testing experts.

Indeed, DisplayMate has just crowned the Galaxy S6’s display as the best in the smartphone world -- albeit tied with Samsung’s own Galaxy Note 4.

Dr Raymond Soneira observed: "The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy Note 4 are neck-and-neck record holders for display performance, effectively tied or alternating between first and second place in almost all categories except screen size for the much larger Galaxy Note 4, and the much higher pixels per inch for the Galaxy S6".

The conclusion of the S6’s test is: "The Galaxy S6 matches the Galaxy Note 4 in overall display excellence and record performance and joins it as the Best Performing Smartphone Display that we have ever tested".

The Galaxy S6 display, which offers a startling 577 ppi, matched or set new records in a large number of display categories, including most pixels per inch, highest absolute color accuracy and contrast ratio, highest peak brightness, contrast rating, and screen readability in ambient light.

That’s a pretty big win, in other words. Samsung is expecting the Galaxy S6 to recover from the downturn in sales experienced from the S4 to the S5, and indeed the company has already upped its production target for the number of S6 units it’ll produce in April by a million.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.