Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
My issue is this..i am adding a folder with my portable apps or any other folder to Trusted list,to Sandbox,but...when i execute the apps from that folder,they are sandboxed immediately....Why,what am i doing wrong?Or,where do i have to add my folders with apps for not being sanboxed again?

H

hjlbx

My issue is this..i am adding a folder with my portable apps or any other folder to Trusted list,to Sandbox,but...when i execute the apps from that folder,they are sandboxed immediately....Why,what am i doing wrong?Or,where do i have to add my folders with apps for not being sanboxed again?

1. You can add that entire folder to the Files Rating list and rate it as "Trusted."

2. You can create an auto-sandbox "Ignore" rule for that entire folder.

Either one should prevent the apps within the folder from being auto-sandboxed.

Do you know how to accomplish both in Comodo's Advanced Settings?

R

rocky

When you get the notification that it is sandboxed just click the option not to sandbox again. Then I clear the sandbox and restart the program and it never is sand boxed after that. I have 2 portable apps. I do that with.

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
1. You can add that entire folder to the Files Rating list and rate it as "Trusted."

2. You can create an auto-sandbox "Ignore" rule for that entire folder.

Either one should prevent the apps within the folder from being auto-sandboxed.

Do you know how to accomplish both in Comodo's Advanced Settings?

Point 2,already did that and the apps are still sandboxed.
Point 1,it takes as forever,as every dll,exe or jpg are added...it takes a lot af patience,damn...
Already put them in Sabdbox Settings-specified files or folders,and they are still sandboxed...
Yep,i am familiar with Comodo,but this version seems..odd...for me...

When you get the notification that it is sandboxed just click the option not to sandbox again
I know,but i am tired of clickin'..i want that my added folders are ignored,that's it.

H

hjlbx

Point 2,already did that and the apps are still sandboxed.
Point 1,it takes as forever,as every dll,exe or jpg are added...it takes a lot af patience,damn...
Already put them in Sabdbox Settings-specified files or folders,and they are still sandboxed...
Yep,i am familiar with Comodo,but this version seems..odd...for me...

I know,but i am tired of clickin'..i want that my added folders are ignored,that's it.

This could be a minor bug, but before we make that determination, let me ask you a few questions first...

1. What are the applications?
2. What are the vendors?

Did you try this ?

• Launch applications.
  • They are auto-sandboxed when launched.
  • Play with applications for a while and leave open (do not close app before next step).
  • Run Rating Scan.
  • All "Unrecognized" files and dlls - move to "Trusted."
  • Now - Close applications.
  • Re-launch.

Are they auto-sandboxed again?

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
That's i'm doing right now (kind of of your advice)...HIPS and Sandbox are both disabled,and i open the exe's...it seems that works,as they are added to the File List,and after i move them to Trusted.I already opened some of them and they are not being sandboxed anymore.But again,adding folders doesn't work as i already mentioned.

H

hjlbx

I now realize what you are trying to accomplish... but I do not think it will work.

You wish to add "Unrecognized" portable apps to an auto-sandbox excluded folder - and thereby not have to go through the steps of putting them into the File Rating database.

Is this correct ?

Reactions: VladDracul
H

hjlbx

Comodo is "Old School" in that file management is a manual, time-intensive process.

Every file that is launched (modules loaded into active memory) is automatically added to the File Rating database... there is no way to exclude a file.

If you delete a file from the File Rating list, when it is re-launched, it will be re-added to the list.

Each of those files needs to be rated by the user.

The best way to automate the process as much as possible is as I have described using the Rating Scan.

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
I now realize what you are trying to accomplish... but I do not think it will work.

You wish to add "Unrecognized" portable apps to an auto-sandbox excluded folder - and thereby not have to go through the steps of putting them into the File Rating database.

Is this correct ?
Yes,but not only portable apps...it seems that indeed,since i have not used Comodo (more than 3 years),they've changed something on the road and now i must understand it.
Thank you for all your help,much appreciated.

H

hjlbx

Yes,but not only portable apps...it seems that indeed,since i have not used Comodo (more than 3 years),they've changed something on the road and now i must understand it.
Thank you for all your help,much appreciated.

A lot has changed over the previous 3 years.

Basically, you will have to re-learn some things.

You'll be all right... you have experience. :D

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Is there any way to get Notepad run auto-sandboxed EXCEPT when user loads up SBIE Config (this pops up in Notepad)...

H

hjlbx

Is there any way to get Notepad run auto-sandboxed EXCEPT when user loads up SBIE Config (this pops up in Notepad)...

You can create rule in auto-sandbox for notepad... but it will be a permanent rule.

There is no way that I see to create a compound run rule:

If SBIE, then run notepad un-sandboxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.