Sandbox in kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurnet

Thread author
Aug 25, 2015
Hi,
I am testing kaspersky 2016, the first impression is good, but I miss a very usefull feature of avast "the sandbox mode".
I didn't find such feature in kaspersky. So i wonder how I can test a new program in safe mode in Kaspersky?
Thanks in advance

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I think there is no real sandbox in Kaspersky Internet security 2016 only a bank shield

futurnet

Thread author
Aug 25, 2015
Thanks you so much both for the fast replay.
So bad it, I wonder why a such powerfull program as KIS not implemented this feature.

Reactions: MisterToto

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Thanks you so much both for the fast replay.
So bad it, I wonder why a such powerfull program as KIS not implemented this feature.
It used to be there under the name of "safe run" but was removed with version 2013.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Right, It was removed in 2013 series because of high consumption of resoruces, so They implemented Safe Money, which is like a "SandBox" only for browsers :)

Reactions: Enju

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Kaspersky doesn't have the so called safe run feature anymore, it was dropped in version 2013. There are alternatives like Sandboxie (Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing runs a programm virtually) or Shadow Defender (Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool runs software directly but rolls back changes on reboot).
No wonder during my testing of KIS that there was no zero day protection there, I'm shocked by this.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
No wonder during my testing of KIS that there was no zero day protection there, I'm shocked by this.
Wait what? What does a sandbox have to do with zero day? Also Kaspersky doesn't have zero day detection? That's new...

Reactions: Azure

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Really? Application control didn't do anything?

Useless, non functioning junk files won't trigger BB or HIPS alerts. I always laugh when someone says it's a 0-day malware test and there isn't a single piece of ransomware among his "samples". The stuff that isn't killed by signatures right away, is either not working at all, or not real malware, or in the best of cases some persian browser toolbar.

Reactions: Enju and XhenEd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Unfortunately its no longer on that case due to limitations and issues, Safe Money is pretty common trend on majorty of Internet Suites.

Better follow the suggestions as mentioned on previous post.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
looks like no point to test kis now, because it haves no zero day protection.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
You are repeating yourself without any evidence why Kaspersky, according to you, doesn't have any zero day protection. :rolleyes:
you gave way the answer and besides i went though it to look for it,today their is no zero day protection, but long time ago they did have it but it was removed since then.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
you gave way the answer and besides i went though it to look for it,today their is no zero day protection, but long time ago they did have it but it was removed since then.
Okay whatever, it's not like there is HIPS, BB, TAM, Application control and the KSN (with automated UDS rules generation) integrated as zero day protection... :rolleyes:
Ignorance is bliss after all.

Reactions: FleischmannTV

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Okay whatever, it's not like there is HIPS, BB, TAM, Application control and the KSN (with automated UDS rules generation) integrated as zero day protection... :rolleyes:
Ignorance is bliss after all.
Here the thing it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.