Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've finally completed updating all our systems to the latest version of Sandboxie today,:cool: *Sigh*
I'd had no problems with either Windows 7 SP 1 or Windows 8.1, so why, then,o_O did I find myself puzzling :confused: over the reason why I'd run into difficulties placing this latest version of Sandboxie, as well as another problem that was updating to the latest :eek:Flash player on good ole' XP?? Hm-mph. First, I'd thought it all amounted to being unable to make changes on the non-administrative side account, but that wasn't the case either,:( ..until I saw it. There, down upon the task bar, sat a "Mercedes Benz-like symbol" staring back at me, the symbol that represents Time Freeze! o_O This was supposed to be that extra layer of security which I'd completely forgotten all about!!:rolleyes: The irony is that while trying to update Sandboxie, it was another very effective virtualization program (Time Freeze) which was literally stopping me cold.:oops: :mad:..and just like Sandboxie, it really works!;) I should have known, and now I do!!:D:D:D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Salutations,
How often do you turn off (Time Freeze)? Reason, certain software to update through-out the course of
the week. Just a thought! Hmm m;)!
I shall share how lately we spend the least amount of time with XP, usually opting to log on with lubuntu which is duel booted beside it.:) I particularly appreciate your thoughts, and shall answer through this most recently learned lesson (I'd truly forgotten it was even set as a fail safe) thus adding to the fact I'd checked the box to place XP into "Time Freeze" upon log on. Now, as you can see, after stumbling into my own "virtual web" meant for those whom would prey upon this most vulnerable of Windows systems,:p it is suffice to say I have now unchecked the box and shall from this point onward place XP back into "Time Freeze" only after more timely Firefox & Comodo updates; and (now) Sandboxie updates have been performed!:D

Back on topic, Moose, can you notice any improvements or signs of the "fixes" in how Sandboxie 4.20 performs now? It's still too early for me to tell (even though it's way past my bed time)!:cool:

@venustus: Thank you, my friend, for posting this update, and additional regards for providing us the conduit through which we draw our revitalized virtualization. Our cups, ..or rather our sandboxes, runneth over!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.