Battle Sandboxie or a better alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareBeater

Thread author
Mar 12, 2013
Hi guys. I noticed on the Sandboxie forum that Sandboxie might be bypassed. Do you guys know if there are any good alternatives to Sandboxie? Thanks for any suggestions. I hope I posted this in the right place.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
bo.elam said:
Heffe, I have never said that people should use Sandboxie instead of an antivirus. Please, find one post of mine from anywhere where I recommend to people to stop using an AV. You will not find one. Advising people to stop using an antivirus is wrong and I don't do it. At the same time, there are reasons why it is probably safer to use SBIE on its own instead of using 2, 3 or 4 other applications along SBIE.

I never said you recommended that anyone not use an AV. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Advance users = necessarily with or without AV since our common sense and knowledge from our awareness unless virtualization software is there to test every application which are unknown.

Novice and Average users = A must AV protection in a generally way as awareness is in a lack with the vectors of viruses/malware have high rate of infection.

D

Deleted member 178

With the free version, i have to do a workaround to emulate the "force program" feature; i delete/remove all shortcuts to the default browser; then i say "click the yellow pizza" to go internet :p :D

i still hoping to win a license for Sbie; if i have to buy it, it may cost me 2 weeks of food...

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Umbra, you can create sandboxed shortcuts for your browsers, that way when yo click on them, the browser opens in the default sandbox or the sandbox of your choice. Also, start using a sandboxed Windows Explorer to navigate to your download folder, USB drive, etc.

Using the sandboxed Explorer and the shortcuts don't bring the free version up to the level of the paid version but makes it easier to open the browsers and your PC is safer when you open downloads, USB drives sandboxed.

Bo.

D

Deleted member 178

bo.elam said:
Umbra, you can create sandboxed shortcuts for your browsers, that way when yo click on them, the browser opens in the default sandbox or the sandbox of your choice. Also, start using a sandboxed Windows Explorer to navigate to your download folder, USB drive, etc.

It is what i am doing, the example above is when i set up Sbie in my girlfriend computer, used often by her younger sister to visit flash-based games websites and download crap toolbars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.