Sandboxie vs Malware Pack #10

Product name
Sandboxie 4.10
Pros
  • -Nice UI
    -System wasn't infected while executing malware
    -Low memory usage (10 MB in 2 processes)
CONS
-None.
BOTTOM LINE
If you wanna higher layer of security, I recommend this program. I'm using it on laptop and works great. You can forget about malware scanners.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Watch whole video :

Overall rating:
One.PNG

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for the review, Malware Test.:)
Don't forget that while malware may not be able to infect your machine through Sandboxie, it may still be able to steal data, such as personal info, passwords, banking info...
Jaspion, do you think privacy extensions like Disconnect, Ghostery, NoScript, or DoNotTrackMe, would protect personal info sufficiently?o_O

Let's see how MBAEP fares against exploits.:p
Welldone, does 'MBAEP' stand for Malwarebytes Anti-(EP):) ..and is it free??;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareT

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
Don't forget that while malware may not be able to infect your machine through Sandboxie, it may still be able to steal data, such as personal info, passwords, banking info...
Sandboxie blocks outgoing connections and firewall should stop it too or am i wrong?

Reactions: MalwareT

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Sandboxie blocks outgoing connections and firewall should stop it too or am i wrong?
It can, but it's manual as far as I know. The point I'm making is that you can't just "forget about malware" with Sandboxie, you still have to be careful.

Thanks for the review, Malware Test.:)

Jaspion, do you think privacy extensions like Disconnect, Ghostery, NoScript, or DoNotTrackMe, would protect personal info sufficiently?o_O
No, I don't. They can only stop some tracking, but not all of it.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks!;)

Between Shadow Defender and Sandboxie, which one offer better protection with

Windows 8.1 X64 Bits Operating System?

I am just thinking Out Loud!:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks!;)

Between Shadow Defender and Sandboxie, which one offer better protection with

Windows 8.1 X64 Bits Operating System?

I am just thinking Out Loud!:confused:
*Speaking of SD, I'm only 50% off topic!:rolleyes:

Personally, I use SD with Sandboxie, & like them both!!:D Imho, Shadow Defender is a protective measure for The Bat Cave (base/system) which is both hidden & intact with all of Batman's gear contained therein. Sandboxie is more akin to armoring the Batmobile as I use it to surround my vehicle (browser) in order to drive all over Gotham City's (internet) streets!!!:p:D ;) ..but Batman has to come out of his Shadow Defender cave, like when he needs to fight crime or update his important Windows system patches, his Chrome, or Anti-viruses! He certainly has to get out of the Bat-mobile sometime, and eventually take off his (Sandboxie) :eek:Batsuit,:rolleyes: lol!!!:D:cool:

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Cats-4_Owners-2 : nice analogy ;)

sandboxie with default setting can't stop loggers to transmit datas but once tweaked it does, so you can REALLY ditch any realtime AVs0
Do tell us more, O Master of The Sith-boxie, so that we may realize the Full Power of the Dark Side of The Sandbox!

tumblr_m9j266Jf3a1rocjk1o1_500.gif

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Cats-4_owners-2,& Umbra Polaris,

Thank you!
For a different way of looking at Sandboxie and Shadow Defender!
Cats-4_owners-2,
how are the combination working on Windows 8.1.1 X64 Bits Operating
system?;)
And do you
disable fast-boot and hibernation for using Shadow Defender?:eek: with Windows
8.1.1 X64 Bits Operating System?

Thanks!:)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014

Personally, I use SD with Sandboxie, & like them both!!:D Imho, Shadow Defender is a protective measure for The Bat Cave (base/system) which is both hidden & intact with all of Batman's gear contained therein. Sandboxie is more akin to armoring the Batmobile as I use it to surround my vehicle (browser) in order to drive all over Gotham City's (internet) streets!!!:p:D ;) ..but Batman has to come out of his Shadow Defender cave, like when he needs to fight crime or update his important Windows system patches, his Chrome, or Anti-viruses! He certainly has to get out of the Bat-mobile sometime, and eventually take off his (Sandboxie) :eek:Batsuit,:rolleyes: lol!!!:D:cool:
You forget about catman, just saying :D

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: Moose

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014

Hey...are you referring this to me? :p
Psst.. don't share Batman's secret to anyone :mad::p if my enemies know where to find me and probably crack my code then my batcave and batmobile is about to end! there is no Batman anymore :(:p
I told Robin about this, but he's very stubborn!

robin-gives-away-batcave-location.jpg

@Cats-4_Owners-2 : nice analogy ;)

sandboxie with default setting can't stop loggers to transmit datas but once tweaked it does, so you can REALLY ditch any realtime AVs0

I'd like to know this as well, it is good and make me feel more confidence when using your setting (like on SD) :)

Reactions: Koroke San

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hey...are you referring this to me? :p
Psst.. don't share Batman's secret to anyone :mad::p if my enemies know where to find me and probably crack my code then my batcave and batmobile is about to end! there is no Batman anymore :(:p
I told Robin about this, but he's very stubborn!

robin-gives-away-batcave-location.jpg

I'd like to know this as well, it is good and make me feel more confidence when using your setting (like on SD) :)
*Lol!!!!!:p:D This is sooo funny!!!!:D
It hadn't dawned on me at the time, but yes, Rahadian. Yes, as soon I wrote your Bat-secrets I immediately realized your avatar's inexorable &:eek: subliminal effect which caused me to let the code out of the bag,:oops: so to speak.
Sorry...:rolleyes:, maybe we won't have to move your Bat Cave, not just yet!!:):)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.